TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Have we seen the best player?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have we seen the best player?
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2019 03:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have we just witnessed the best player to ever put on a UK uniform?

If he's not the best he has to be way up there!

[ 12-31-2019, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2019 03:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depending on what the LSU player does in championship game, Bowden may have won the SEC Rushing title today!

I'm not sure how many more yards Lynn has than the young man for LSU!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2019 03:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's the team and they all played their hearts out and made everyone of us Cat fans proud!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2019 03:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now if the basketball team can do their thing it's going to be one of the all-time best years in Kentucky sports...

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2019 03:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bowden is a great player no doubt about it but the Cats have had a whole lot of great players through the years. That said today he is the greatest.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-31-2019 03:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thought Bowden had run out of gas but he had 1 more play. It will be good to get back to a normal offense next year.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2019 04:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bowden set the NEW NCAA record for rushing yards by a QB in a bowl game. He broke Manziel's record carrying the ball for 233 yards!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2019 04:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a fantastic stat for a tailback but for a QB it's unbelievable.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2019 10:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LSU's Clyde Edwards-Helaire needs 165 yards to break Bowden's rushing record for this season!

1,468 yards is the number that Lynn has and he's a QB. Not only that, he didn't start really rushing the ball until the 1st 4 games of the season were already behind us.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2019 10:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oscar Combs stated earlier today that in all of his years of following the Cats, Lynn Bowden was the best he's ever seen sear a UK uniform!

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-31-2019 11:37 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bowden has been special, but best ever to wear a UK uniform? For what he has done these past 7 or 8 games he deserves consideration, but there have been some really good players come out of UK

George Blanda
Art Still
Babe Parilli
Jeff Van Note
Tim Couch
Jared Lorenzen
Dermotti Dawson
Randall Cobb
Wesley Woodward
Josh Allen

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-01-2020 09:42 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he is the best if you consider his versatility. No other player could do all of the things he can do. A special player who will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-01-2020 09:50 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me he is the greatest of all time.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-01-2020 12:17 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:
I think he is the best if you consider his versatility. No other player could do all of the things he can do. A special player who will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

We have seen this act before at UK with Randall Cobb. Cobb was/is a better receiver, Bowden is the better runner, and I would say it is a draw at QB, although I would give it to Cobb. A lot of Bowden's passing yards came on the Jet Sweep "Shuttle Pass" whereas Cobb was more traditional throwing it downfield. Neither were great throwers of the ball though.

I give the edge to Cobb.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-01-2020 07:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oscar has seen a lot of players in his day and if he says Bowden is the greatest he has seen in a UK uniform it means a lot.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-01-2020 11:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would add Mo Williams and Benny Snell to your list, Trey. They were outstanding running backs.

I would also give a slight edge to Cobb in the versatility compartment, but for sheer impact and carrying the team on his shoulders, no doubt it goes to Bowden. In the bowl game, VT had 8-9 players in the box nearly every play, yet Bowden still managed to get just under 7 yards per carry on 34 carries. In the UofL victory, he got over 13 yards per carry, even though everybody knew he would keep the ball half of the snaps. That is incredible.

He may be just an ordinary player in the NFL, but he was spectacular this season for UK. Try to imagine what our football program would be had he not stepped into the chaos and willed this team to win.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-02-2020 06:26 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Josh Allen has to be one of the best defensive players KY has had come through in a long time too!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-02-2020 12:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's face it we can make a case for a whole lot of Cats.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-02-2020 06:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Stoops has really brought in some good players. It took a while because joker left the cupboard empty.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-03-2020 12:14 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
I would add Mo Williams and Benny Snell to your list, Trey. They were outstanding running backs.

I would also give a slight edge to Cobb in the versatility compartment, but for sheer impact and carrying the team on his shoulders, no doubt it goes to Bowden. In the bowl game, VT had 8-9 players in the box nearly every play, yet Bowden still managed to get just under 7 yards per carry on 34 carries. In the UofL victory, he got over 13 yards per carry, even though everybody knew he would keep the ball half of the snaps. That is incredible.

He may be just an ordinary player in the NFL, but he was spectacular this season for UK. Try to imagine what our football program would be had he not stepped into the chaos and willed this team to win.

I agree on all accounts. I also give a ton of credit to Stoops and his staff and the big boys up front. To be able to run the ball when EVERYONE in the building knows you are going to run the ball was special.

--------------------

redbone

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-03-2020 07:22 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops and staff have gone up a bunch in my estimation. Another case of me eating crow. As Norm said in another post about eating crow, I’ll save several of you a leg. This crow is an anomaly and has multiple legs.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-03-2020 10:03 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What kind of black magic are you doing, Handy? Crows with extra legs and wings.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com