TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » QB coach says Wildcats prepared to throw the ball '35-40 times a game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: QB coach says Wildcats prepared to throw the ball '35-40 times a game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-19-2019 10:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will believe it when I see it.

Kentucky finished dead-last in the Southeastern Conference in passing last season while having the school’s all-time leading rusher to lean on in the backfield. Now that Benny Snell is off to the NFL after being drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Wildcats are prepared to ask Terry Wilson to win them games in the fall.

That may have already gone without saying but considering Wilson’s inconsistent debut in Lexington, most would be surprised to see Kentucky air it out on offense this fall. According to the team’s quarterback coach, Darin Hinshaw, that’s exactly the plan for the Wildcats.

“Last year we were more about running the ball. We had a first year quarterback with Terry Wilson and he only threw about 20 times a game. We are going to have to increase that this year to 35 to 40 times a game,” Hinshaw said according to Larry Vaught of Vaught’s Views. "

[Link]

[ 08-19-2019, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-20-2019 06:19 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lynn Bowden can't catch all the balls, hope some other receivers, tight ends and running backs step up and catch some passes.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com