TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK offense seems ready to reinvent itself and throw the football more

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK offense seems ready to reinvent itself and throw the football more
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-10-2019 12:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best University of Kentucky football team in more than 40 years had statistically one of the worst offenses in the SEC and some of the worst passing numbers in college football.

For offensive coordinator Eddie Gran, that wasn’t preference but necessity.

“The only thing I could have done last year is screw it up. That’s it,” Gran said. “We had a brand-new quarterback. We could run the ball. We had a great defense and we played great special teams. So if I go back there and I want to rip it around (passing) because I want statistics, then I wouldn’t be here right now, because that wouldn’t have been very smart. … The bottom line is win the game.”

Players and coaches are saying Kentucky is going to throw the football more in 2019, which makes sense. To do so would take advantage of quarterback Terry Wilson’s experience, a promising group of wide receivers and a prime perimeter playmaker in Lynn Bowden.

“This year, (Gran) wants to throw it more, be more explosive,” running back A.J. Rose said. “I can’t wait to see what he’s got planned.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-10-2019 06:12 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we would have been more balanced last year, we could have won one or two more games last season.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-11-2019 02:24 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great season anyway you look at it...if only we could have put Tennessee behind us...my biggest disappointment...gives me something to look forward to this year. [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-12-2019 07:39 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to this year also. I expect we will take a a step backward, Hope it will be a small one. I did not think Stoops was a good hire but he has got us going in the right direction. Last year was great.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-13-2019 11:04 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am looking forward to throwing the ball more as it helps our running backs too. It should be noted that the last time we won 10 games in a season was 1977 and the most games a UK team won was 11 in 1950.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-13-2019 06:48 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After the first scrimmage, we're either going to have a great offense or a horrible defense.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-14-2019 06:16 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CMD, what do you think your passing stats will be this season? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2019 01:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only time will tell but would be more than happy if
Wison takes command of the offense and does his thing passing the ball and with his leg healed do some running too. If our defense plays to their potential and makes stops we should have a very solid season.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com