TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Jared Lorenzen dies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jared Lorenzen dies
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-03-2019 05:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Former Kentucky and New York Giants quarterback Jared Lorenzen died Wednesday at the age of 38.

The University of Kentucky confirmed Lorenzen's death in a tweet Wednesday afternoon.

Anointed the “Hefty Lefty,” “Pillsbury Throwboy” and “Round Mound of Touchdown” by fans during his playing career due to his prodigious size and arm strength, Lorenzen had been hospitalized since Sunday with an infection, kidney and heart issues, according to statements from his family.

"It is with heavy hearts that the family of Jared Lorenzen, would like to extend our sincere thanks and appreciation for all of your support and prayers over the past 6 days," read the statement, shared with Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio.

"We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of Jared today, July 3, 2019. Again, we appreciate all of the warm wishes and prayers, but as a family, we would request your respect and privacy. We will offer arrangement and information in the coming days. Please keep Jared's family and especially his children, in your thoughts and prayers."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-03-2019 05:57 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Sad - prayers to his family...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-03-2019 06:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is indeed sad. He seemed to be fighting some inner demons all along... prayers to his family!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-03-2019 06:20 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WAY too young to just up and die. So sad. My youngest child is 12 years older the him. May the Lord take him home.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-03-2019 06:30 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So sad man. Prayers for his family.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-03-2019 09:25 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He will be deeply missed. Praying for his family.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-04-2019 08:37 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is so sad. I saw him in a golf outing two years ago and he was humongous. It sounds like he really wanted to lose weight but just couldn't do it. He died way too soon. RIP, Jared.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-05-2019 09:08 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was really good on the football pre game radio shows. I do remember hearing a random guy mouthing off about his weight, and Jared said: Thanks buddy.

I don't know if it is the internet that has made people so callous and thinking that they can insult others with impunity, or maybe there has always been a certain percentage of people that are just that way.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-05-2019 09:38 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have one acquaintance here in town that goes out of his way trying to insult me (and my wife). He makes out like it's all in fun, but some of it is a little out of bounds. I refuse to let it get under my skin, because that's what he's trying to do. He is actually older than I am!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-05-2019 09:41 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kick his ass, Norm! [Big Grin]
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-05-2019 10:10 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:

Nah. I really like his daughter and son-in-law. They can't help that he is a dick!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 07-05-2019 12:28 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So sad, especially for his children. Praying for his family. He was definitely one of a kind.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-05-2019 10:20 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PaulCat:
quote:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com