TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bowl predictions.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bowl predictions.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-26-2018 09:39 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like we will be playing a Big Ten school. I've watched all the mentioned schools and IMO there is no weak sisters in the in the bunch.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/11/25/18111070/ncaa-football-bowls-2018-week-14-projections-uk-wildcats-psu-nittany-lions

Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-26-2018 12:05 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most websites have us playing either in the Citrus or Outback with the majority have us in the Citrus bowl with either Penn St. or Northwestern. I did see several websites have us going back to the Music City Bowl, that to me would be a major screw job! [Mad]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-26-2018 02:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't believe we will be playing in TN. LSU got beat by A&M in that 7 overtime game so they also have 3 losses. I would say that they will be favored over UK though. We should be in line after AL, GE, LSU and FL. Everything points to the Citrus Bowl on NY Day. If they rate us higher than LSU then we could be in the Outback Bowl.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-26-2018 07:13 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why should Florida be ahead of us in the bowl pecking order? We have the exact same record as them, beat them head up and our conference record is the same.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-27-2018 01:23 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida is ranked ahead of Kentucky and has been playing better football in their last games than UK has.

Florida is the hotter team at the end of the season.

Even though Kentucky thumped a 2 win UL team, they also laid down against a UT team that will not make a bowl.

I agree that Florida should be ahead of Kentucky on the pecking order.

[ 11-27-2018, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-27-2018 02:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just not sure how you can come to the conclusion that Florida deserves a higher ranking than us. As SCWC pointed out, all other things being equal plus we beat them by 11 points AT Florida and they are ranked 5 spots higher than us makes absolutely no sense to me.

Boom, are you a closet Florida football fan? 😉

Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-27-2018 04:37 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is no way that fla should be ranked ahead of us. Beating them should account for something.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-27-2018 08:35 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Beating Florida counts in the SEC standings. If the bowl selections are based on that, then UK is ahead of Florida.

If it based on who is playing better football in the second half of the season, if is Florida.

I am not sure how the bowl teams are picked

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-27-2018 08:44 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not only did we beat Florida head to head, but we also beat Missouri at Missouri who then thumped Florida at Florida. I still believe we should get the higher seeded bowl. Of course, the committee hasn’t asked my opinion and I doubt they will.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-01-2018 11:10 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be Citrus or Outback.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-01-2018 11:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember at the start of the season, it was difficult to find the teams that Kentucky was going to beat.

They should win their bowl game. I think this team is much better than last year. I hope they don't get any players kicked out. I am guessing they refs will kick at least one star out for targeting.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-02-2018 09:02 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we will play Penn state in the outback bowl.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-02-2018 09:12 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Outback or Citrus would be good. They have had a great season.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-02-2018 11:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, hope your right...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-03-2018 06:13 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like we're playing on New Years day against Penn ST in the Citrus bowl.
Opening kickoff is set for 1 PM.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-03-2018 11:26 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right team wrong bowl,either of these two venues is good with me. My wife and I will be going.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com