TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops bonus money for this season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops bonus money for this season
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-25-2018 03:05 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

Mark Stoops has done things with this Kentucky Football team that we haven’t seen in years. Now, he is continuing to get rewarded for his team’s good play. USA Today wrote an article this morning discussing the bonuses in contracts from coaches across the nation. Currently, at least a dozen coaches have made over $150,000 in bonuses from their teams play. Who leads the nation in bonus money received? Why that would be the Kentucky head coach. Stoops has already accounted for $750,000 in extra money with an opportunity to get another $250,000 if the Cats can win their bowl game. That total currently ranks first in the nation for bonus money. Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz is second with $600,000 with over half of that coming from the Hawkeyes’ win this weekend. In my opinion, Stoops should be in the running for National Coach of the Year. Sure, the loss at Tennessee was embarrassing, but the rest of the season has been incredibly impressive for a team that most wondered if they’d even win 6 games. Even if he doesn’t win the award, he is definitely getting rewarded in other ways. Multiple other coaches have their chance to continue to add to their bank account with their teams play over the next few weeks. For more on it, you can read USA Today’s article on it by clicking here.
quote:

If they win a bowl game, that means Stoops will get one million dollars in bonus money.

[ 11-25-2018, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-25-2018 03:23 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crumbs. Hahahaha. Good old Nancy.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-26-2018 12:59 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we get 10 wins, I'd say he deserves it. We've only had two 10 win seasons in history.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-05-2018 06:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bear Bryant 11 wins in 1950 And Fran Curci 10 wins in 1977.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com