TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Terrible Play Calling

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terrible Play Calling
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-06-2018 10:36 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That may have been the worst play calling I have ever seen in a football game. First you take the ball out of the hands of your unquestioned best player all night long. The defense gives you life with a TD.

You get to OT and surely Snell is going to get the ball. Nope, not one single time. Unbelievable.

A&M put the ball in their bellcow running back hands and he wins the game.

[ 10-06-2018, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-06-2018 10:42 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Definitely not one of Gran’s better performances. I think these guys outsmart themselves sometimes. Just dance with the one that brung ya.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-06-2018 10:48 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Absolutely correct. I am hopeful that Terry Wilson uses this as a learning experience. Throw the ball away!!!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-06-2018 10:52 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was ugly, but on the bright side we lost to A&M in overtime on THEIR field. This is a good wildcat team that just got a wake up call. We did not handle success well and now it is time to move forward.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-06-2018 10:53 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
Absolutely correct. I am hopeful that Terry Wilson uses this as a learning experience. Throw the ball away!!!

Sad thing is he should have never been in that position to have to make a decision. Just hand the ball off.

What it did prove is that UK can’t throw the ball at all, but yet they dropped back to pass 31 times in a game they led or were tied for nearly 50 minutes. The play calling all night just did not make sense. It’s like they read the stats going into the game and said, “well, they are #3 in the nation against the run so I guess we can’t run Benny and will have to throw the ball”.

Really disappointed with that performance from the coaches.

[ 10-07-2018, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-06-2018 11:14 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I blame the loss on the OC. I can’t blame the players. Lack of throwing hurt them, in this game. Kentucky has a QB with an accurate arm on the bench. He could have played. The OC made the choice to keep him on the bench.

They have two tough games left, Missouri and Georgia They have a chance to beat Missouri if they fix the passing game Theyvhave zero chance to beat Georgia. This is still a much better team than they have had in the past.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-07-2018 08:38 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I' m not being modest when I say I'm no expert but even I found the call playing suspect. I'm still excited about this team and am looking forward to the rest if the season.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-07-2018 04:11 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Touchdown Terry cant win a game with his arm. Keeping him in that game would have been fine, if they had hitched their wagon to Benny Snell.

I am no expert, but if I were coach, I would have run Snell at the wildcat in OT and replaced the QB with an extra TE

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-07-2018 05:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We definitely blew it. We may also disappear from the rankings after this. Good thing we have an off week and a game with Vandy next. That may help us with the rankings but GA after that will not help us. I think we still have a chance for 9 wins but not much chance for 10.

I hope Benny realizes talking a big game doesn't win it. You have to perform on the field......every week. He has had a couple of short games now and the defenses are being keyed to him from here on. All this talk about Heisman needs to be forgotten and his blockers need to concentrate on making some better holes for him.

Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-07-2018 06:34 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont believe the QB is a chicken, either. I think the coaches told him to slide early
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-08-2018 06:24 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY drops to number 20 in the recent Poll!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2018 09:23 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Luckily we didn't lose all our supporters in the poll. An off week may not help us to stay there either.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-08-2018 06:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next game is Vandy on Oct. 20th who have lost 3 of their last 4 games.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-09-2018 06:35 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we'll hold steady thru our bye week. The college football nation is beginning to realize that our defense is top 10 in the nation!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2018 06:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our total defense is ranked 14th in the country and our total offense is ranked 97th in the country.

Link

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com