TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky Wildcats Football vs. Texas A&M Aggies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky Wildcats Football vs. Texas A&M Aggies
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2018 09:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky Wildcats will look to continue their magical season when they travel to face the Texas A&M Aggies in Week 6.

Sitting at 5-0 and tied for the SEC East least, no one could have dreamed of a 5-0 Kentucky team entering the month of October. But thanks to a vastly improved defense and Benny Snell becoming one of the best players in college football, the Wildcats now have a very real shot at making it to the SEC Championship game and possibly a BCS Bowl game.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-04-2018 10:07 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never thought that I'd ever hear of Kentucky's name mentioned as a possible playoff team. GO BIG BLUE!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9794 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-05-2018 12:53 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How great is Clemson, this season? I am not sure. The reason it is important is because Texas A & M went toe to toe with them and almost won.

Not sure about the outcome. I think it could go either way. I think it will be a very close game.

At the start of the season, I had this game as a definite loss for the Cats. Now, I think Kentucky can win. Yes, it is very tough environment. I am looking forward to watching this game.

[ 10-05-2018, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-05-2018 02:05 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to this game. I think the difference will be our qb. It's time for touchdown Terry to be the difference maker. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-05-2018 04:17 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched Clemson beat Syacuse in a game which, IMO, Syracuse should have won. I'm not sure Clemson deserves their ranking but I'm no expert. I echo boom, I think this is a game we could win.

Color me excited.

[ 10-05-2018, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2018 05:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is Clemson's first 5 games, 5-0, 2-0 ACC
09/01 Furman........... 48-7 W
09/08 @Texas A&M........28-26 W
09/15 Georgia Southern..38-7 W
09/22 @Georgia Tech.....49-21 W
09/29 Syracuse..........27-23 W

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-06-2018 09:51 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The play calling by UK in this game has been terrible. Not the game to decide to pass on 1st down. Hand the ball off to Snell.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-06-2018 09:56 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terry Wilson has absolutely stunk tonight.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-06-2018 09:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're so predictable in our play calling.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-06-2018 10:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It isn't the play calling. It is the execution. Our offensive line has been amazing all season, opening nice creases for Benny to run through.

Not tonight. A&M's defensive front has been manhandling our guys all game long. Plays that would have resulted in good yardage get nothing against those big boys.

Our defense is tired, having spent way too much time on the field. Our offense is putrid. 5-1 will be the mark... a good time for a bye week to get our mojo back.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-07-2018 07:27 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TD Wilson was a non-factor with both his arm and his feet. I wish Gran would have went with Hoak on one series just to try to get something going with the passing game. It certainly wouldn’t have hurt anything.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-07-2018 07:35 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
It isn't the play calling. It is the execution. Our offensive line has been amazing all season, opening nice creases for Benny to run through.

Not tonight. A&M's defensive front has been manhandling our guys all game long. Plays that would have resulted in good yardage get nothing against those big boys..

Tip,

I respectfully disagree. Benny was running fine he just didn’t get the opportunities because for whatever reason they decided it was a great idea to pass on first down, which continually put them behind the chains.

Even after the interception that put UK near the 50, I thought for sure We would see a good dose of Benny and especially a first down run. Nope. Dropped back and passed again. Same thing in OT. The UK coaches took Benny out of the game plan in my opinion, not the A&M defense. Like I said UK led or was tied for almost the first 50 minutes of the game and Benny had a total of 10 touches during that time. That is completely unacceptable. Benny averaged 4.6 yards per carry on his 13 attempts. Heck he only averaged 3.5 yards a carry against South Carolina, but he carried the rock 28 times in that game.

I was hoping that Mark Stoops would find his inner Nick Saban and go down and forcefully tell Eddie Gran to run the effing ball, like Saban did to Lane Kiffin a few years back, which was coincidentally against A&M as well. When asked about the "conversation" with Kiffin during the press conference Saban replied, "Make no mistake that was not a conversation, that was an A## Chewing".

[ 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-07-2018 08:05 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,

Here is what I am talking about. UK's coaches talked themselves out of running the ball Pre-Game, by looking at A&M's overall #3 defensive ranking against the run.

quote:
In his postgame press conference, Stoops said UK entered the game believing it had to throw the football. A&M had shown itself to be stout against the run and the UK staff knew it would be difficult to grind-it-out this night.
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sidelines-with -john-clay/article219631425.html

You can't win games trying to do something you are not. It very rarely, if ever, works especially if that means taking the ball out of your best players hand. It just makes zero since. To me this is a game where you grind it out even more. You go down with your best against their best.

That is extremely poor coaching. What did the coaches say all week to the team. "Guys, they are really good against the run so we can't run Benny". Wow, what a way to get your offense ready to go in a tough road game environment.

[ 10-07-2018, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-07-2018 08:44 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've never been a fan of Mark Stoops the coach. On the other hand, he has got this team to 5-1. This is UK FOOTBALL we're talking about. I'm not going to get down on this team until be revert to our past and start losing to nobody's.
Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-07-2018 10:17 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
I've never been a fan of Mark Stoops the coach. On the other hand, he has got this team to 5-1. This is UK FOOTBALL we're talking about. I'm not going to get down on this team until be revert to our past and start losing to nobody's.

I’m not down on them just dissapointed that UK lost for the most part because the coaches thought they had to move away from their identity to win the game, when that really was not the case.

I’ve never been a fan of Stoops either or his brothers as head coaches. I will give him credit for being a great recruiter and he has definitely changed the program for the better. Obviously even though I am not a fan, he has done a great job during his tenure and I would expect that to continue.

He and his coaches just do things sometimes that make me shake my head. Like this game plan, last year against Florida when you leave their best play maker uncovered not once, but TWICE after calling defensive timeouts both times. Even the time out last night in OT to take the ball out of Snell's hands.

[ 10-07-2018, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-07-2018 07:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will agree with you, because I could only listen to the game, and not watch it. The announcers were commenting on every running play that we tried how we just ran into a wall of defenders, or if we did squeeze past the d-line, how quickly the safeties came up and snuffed out the play. Based upon those 'eyes', it sounded like our o-line just wasn't up to the task.

If Snell only got 10 touches, then something is definitely wrong. That, plus the poor decisions made by Wilson, were fatal to us. I was hoping to see Hoake enter the game for a series or two as well. Wilson seemed rattled.

I have to say that our defense was damn good. Even when gassed, they played well, up until the overtime. Our offense was flat-out atrocious.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com