TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » This didn't feel like the south

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This didn't feel like the south
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-30-2018 11:00 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The game against the Cocks was a home game for Kentucky.

When in the south, you expect some good home cooking.

I didn't see any home cooking in that game.

1. The USC player got int he face of an official and was given a pass, during the same play that UK jumped off sided near the goal line. Had that been Snell, he prob would have been ejected.

2. The most impressive open field block by Kash was ruled targeting. The jumbo tron clearly showed otherwise

3. A pass rusher was held with both hands by the O lineman in the end zone, preventing the QB from being sacked. The official must have left his glasses at home.

4. The backward pass was ruled a forward pass and CAUSED A 50 yard swing in field possession, negating the turnover. This play was reviewed. What tape were they watching, a rerun of the Andy Griffith show?

Nope, it didn't feel like the south to me. No home cooking to be found.

Cats still won. In the past, Kentucky would not have won this game.

The worst part about this is that Kash has to miss a half of the next game,

Go Cats!

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-30-2018 01:12 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree boom how could they not see that Kash's helmet hit the guys shoulder not his head??

It was also clear to me that the pass was caught behind where the qb threw it.

Why have replay when the so called "review officials" cant see something that we an see clear as day??

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-30-2018 01:21 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terrible call.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-01-2018 03:45 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Their ruling was it was a blind side hit which is a penalty. From where I was I didn't think it was. But the officiating was "high Schoolish" right from the start. They made several bad calls from where I was watching. But the second half, especially the 4th quarter was about as nothing a game as I have seen. We get to the 4th quarter with a lead and Stoops is going to run the clock trying to hang onto the lead. Benny should have run it more in the second half but the line would have had to block better than they did.

[ 10-01-2018, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-01-2018 04:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We won the game and that's what counts but was concerned we went scoreless in the second half.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com