TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats narrowly miss top 25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats narrowly miss top 25
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-16-2018 02:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Week 3 is in the books, so it’s time for another round of top 25 polls.

Up first is the latest Coaches Poll, which has the Kentucky Wildcats just narrowly missing the cut. Despite a 3-0 start to the season, Kentucky hasn’t done quite enough yet to crack the top 25, but they continue to receiver plenty of votes. They’re actually getting the 26th-most votes, so they just narrowly missed on making the top 25.

I don’t think there’s any question that Kentucky will be in next week’s top 25 if they’re able to upset a top-15 Mississippi State team this week. The Bulldogs come to Kroger Field with a 3-0 record of their own and have what looks like one of its best teams in program history.

Beating the Bulldogs would be another program-shifting win for Kentucky, who already has one top-25 win this year at Florida. The Wildcats have a good case to be ranked now, but the pollsters need to see more before making that leap and giving Mark Stoops his first top 25 ranking as a head coach.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-17-2018 06:40 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm actually kinda glad they didn't make the top 25. It keeps them hungry for now. Hopefully they'll come out on Sat with a chip on their shoulders with something to prove!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-18-2018 12:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah! You got to beat a good SEC team to get into the top 25 poll. Florida does not fit that category yet.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-18-2018 04:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read one article saying the Bulldogs are a 11 point favorite over our Cats at Kroger Field which may seem high but they are a top 15 team.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-22-2018 11:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats will be in the top 25 after tonight's win.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-23-2018 06:26 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They could come in as high as 20.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-23-2018 05:23 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.......... or 17. [Big Grin] [Wink]

[ 09-23-2018, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-23-2018 06:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep. My granddaughter is on the phone with my wife and told her to tell me the Cats came in at #17!!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-23-2018 06:14 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A week late, getting ranked. But, I am happy for the players and coaching staff.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-23-2018 09:51 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and SC is a two point favorite on our home field. they are unranked go figure [Confused]

[ 09-23-2018, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-24-2018 06:13 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^ That's OK^^^^^^^^ The Vegas spread is another bulletin board piece. Keep the material coming. It gives the boys something to fight for! RESPECT!!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-24-2018 10:22 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope it wasn't the kool-aid doing the talking. [Roll Eyes]
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-24-2018 10:34 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
and SC is a two point favorite on our home field. they are unranked go figure [Confused]

This scares me. The Vegas boys don't let emotions play into it and they are right more than they are wrong.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-24-2018 10:47 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think our run defense is solid, but our pass coverage is prone to serious mistakes. If SC has a pass-happy offense, we could be in trouble. But I expect that spread to change significantly over the course of the week. Even though we tend to blow coverage sometimes, if we can do like we did in the 4th quarter and get into SCs backfield, that can make up for a lot of errors. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-24-2018 12:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AP has Cats rated 17 in their latest poll.

1 Alabama 4-0
2 Georgia 4-0
3 Clemson 4-0
4 Ohio State 4-0
5 LSU 4-0
6 Oklahoma 4-0
7 Stanford 4-0
8 Notre Dame 4-0
9 Penn State 4-0
10 Auburn 3-1
11 Washington 3-1
12 West Virginia 3-0
13 UCF 3-0
14 Michigan 3-1
15 Wisconsin 3-1
16 Miami 3-1
17 Kentucky 4-0
18 Texas 3-1
19 Oregon 3-1
20 BYU 3-1
21 Michigan State 2-1
22 Duke 4-0
23 Mississippi State
24 California 3-0
25 Texas Tech 3-1

Link

--------------------

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-24-2018 12:20 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:

Don't know what it is but we are not getting any respect. I thought after the Miss St. win and how we beat them, we would get more recognition. Drives me crazy!
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-24-2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Considering we are tied for first in the SEC, and are undefeated against conference foes (both ranked), it is indeed puzzling.

Other than 'tradition', the only reason I can think of is that we did not thump Central Michigan like we should have (they are truly an awful football team). That is why I was disappointed that Stoops did not go for a final touchdown in our last drive. Winning 35-7 would raise even more eyebrows than we raised already.

Unfortunately, the last few seasons we have started off like gangbusters, but faded as the season went on. That has to be built into the oddss as well.

I will take being ranked 17th, and hope that the team keeps on executing (and that Snell stays healthy). One week at a time.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-24-2018 01:01 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope the passing game improves. The QB under throws the long ball quite a bit. That has to improve.

Other than that, it is hard for me to complain.

As for the rankings, there is a positive way to look at it.

Georgia is the only ranked team left on the schedule and the Cats are 4-0/ I will take that schedule and record, any day.

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-24-2018 05:19 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like our remaining schedule too. Another game that worry's me only because they're our nemesis is Tennessee. They are terrible but I still can't see us winning down there.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-24-2018 11:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue hoot:
I like our remaining schedule too. Another game that worry's me only because they're our nemesis is Tennessee. They are terrible but I still can't see us winning down there.

I count South Carolina, Vandy, TEnn, middle Tenn,and UL as wins. That gives the Cats 9 wins. Missouri on the road worries me. and Georgia as losses.

Twexas A snd M can be beat. But that is prob a loss as well...

That would be a 9 - 3 record with a bowl game.

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-25-2018 12:31 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, that would be great to have 9 wins. Hope you're right, we would get a nice bowl!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com