TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Question for the football gurus.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for the football gurus.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-11-2018 04:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do you all make of the QB situation at UK? Is it early enough that not having a definitive starter named is no big deal? Has anyone got to see the two guys in action who are fighting for the job? If so, what are your thoughts?
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-11-2018 05:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not a guru.....as far from one as you can get....

I do have an opinion. I am very concerned about the QB spot.

Have heard some sites talk about the staff and that they know what they are doing. I will doubt them, until they give me proof, when the season starts.

The scrimmages show me nothing. When live action happens and the QB can take a hit, then we will see how prepared they have made the QBs, With no D1 experience at the QB position, we are dealing with the unknown.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-11-2018 07:26 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've watched Terry Wilson game film's from last year, and I believe he's COOL under pressure. Above average passer and like a running back when he scrambles. I think he wins the job in the end.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-13-2018 02:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They may be sharing the job in the first game but by the end of the second game, Florida they should have an idea who is better at that time. And then again, they may not have one who plays all the games all season. It could be famine or fortune this year and only time will tell. Look for anywhere from a 5 win season to an 8 win season, depending on how the upsets go.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-18-2018 08:51 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Stoops said today that he plans to announce a starter, monday of game week.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com