TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Who will be the Cats next quarterback

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who will be the Cats next quarterback
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-07-2018 12:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don’t expect any quick declarations or decisions about Kentucky’s next starting quarterback.

When Coach Mark Stoops said at the start of spring practice on Monday that the quarterback selection process “is going to take some time,” it wasn’t a cliché.

The battle, likely between sophomore Gunnar Hoak and junior-college transfer Terry Wilson, will go through the spring, into the summer and likely well into the start of fall camp.

Offensive coordinators Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw said as much when they mapped out how the quarterbacks competition was going to go for the next few months.

“I expect this will be a long process,” said Hinshaw, the quarterbacks coach. “But by the middle of spring, I expect us to be a lot better than where we started. By the end of spring, I expect us to be really understanding the offense and making plays and doing what we need at quarterback.”

Just a couple days into spring practices, Hoak is getting a majority of the first-team repetitions because “he knows what to do,” Hinshaw said of the 6-foot-4 sophomore from Dublin, Ohio, who is starting his third spring at UK.

The second-team repetitions so far are in the hands of Wilson and Danny Clark, a redshirt freshman who spent most of his time last season on scout team.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-07-2018 06:00 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If its not the juco kid, I will be floored. Whoever it is, I hope the starter can win some games with his arm.........UK hasnt had a decent throwing QB since Joker kicked Hartline off his team and guaranteed a loss in the bowl game.......Man I hate Joker

[ 03-07-2018, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 03-22-2018 10:07 AM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping the Gunnar steps in and Lights it up in Lexington..I'm told he has a magnificent arm.

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-23-2018 11:49 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by viccolo:
I'm hoping the Gunnar steps in and Lights it up in Lexington..I'm told he has a magnificent arm.

If he is so great, why did't he do annythig, last year, when he was elligible to play?

Hoak may be the man, but that question bothers me about him.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-23-2018 04:10 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope touchdown Terry gets it, and lives up to is highlights videos.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-30-2018 12:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only time will tell and whoever gets the starting job I wish him well and he will need it playing in the SEC.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com