TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » 7-6

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 7-6
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-18-2017 06:50 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops will never be any better than 7-6. He's supposed to be a defensive genius, yeah right. Worst tackling team in the country.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-18-2017 07:04 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We held them to under 400 rushing yards. Lol

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-19-2017 07:26 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At the start of the Georgia game, they had a stout run defense. They got a stop and were ahead 3-0, then they roughed the punter and Georgia scored 7. They never recovered. Their freshman nose tackle who was tearing them up, got hurt. I didn't see Elam play much, maybe he did and I just didn't see him. They got trucked in the second half and couldn't stop the run.

This was more than X and Os. They got their spirit broke in this game.

Not sure what they will do against Louisville. The Cards have been down all year, compared to the past few years, but have won their last two by a large margin. I expect the Cats to lose, next week. I am hoping that they prove me wrong.

As far as never getting better than 7 wins, I am not sure they can do it, if they can't utilize a strong armed QB, instead of settling for a running QB. I like Stephen Johnson and he has led the Cats to a lot of wins. But, it is easy to see how weak his arm is and how he floats the ball. The staff is doing a disservice to the team, by not finding and utilizing a QB that can beat you with his arm. Of all the games that UK has played this year, UK's QB has had the weakest arm.

I really like Snell. Kentucky misses the 2nd back that can really help them. I am puzzled that AJ Rose has not played. King is not the guy. Running back is the one position in football that a kid can come in with no experience and play on sheer talent. If they don't have a 2nd guy for next season, they need to find a high school kid or a juco to fill that role, because Snell will be gone after his junior year.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-25-2017 03:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I was Stoops I'd strive for mediocrity. 7 wins will get you a contract extension every year at kentucky with a $125,000 to boot.UK has not beaten a quality team this year.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-25-2017 06:03 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not know the inner workings of a football team like I do basketball but to me, Stoops looks like a deer in headlights along the sidelines. He is the 22nd highest paid coach in college football, what a joke.

KSR take on the play of Jones:
quote:

This all begs the question: Why was Jones still playing after multiple outbursts and penalties? Mark Stoops was asked that question in his postgame press conference, to which he said something along the lines of, “it wasn’t blatant.” Read the entire transcript of his comments here: Stoops calls Jordan Jones’ conduct “selfish” But back to the decision to keep playing Jones, I don’t understand how you can excuse his erratic behavior when it was happening constantly. Stoops and his staff showed zero discipline for a player acting out of control, and that’s just as upsetting as the incompetent defense. At some point Jones should’ve been sent to the locker room; instead he was allowed to embarrass himself and the program.
quote:

[ 11-25-2017, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com