TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Why

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-28-2017 10:33 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHY would any top notch recruit want to come play for UK, with the product we put on the field. Stoops suxs! I wish he'd resign.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 10-28-2017 11:47 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe Stoops is doing a satisfactory job considering the recruiting base he is dealt.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-29-2017 07:09 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're 6-2 and just beat Tennessee for only the 2nd time in 33 years and you want to fire Stoops? Come on, homey. Let's enjoy the Outback Bowl this year together. 😜 Go Big Blue!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-29-2017 09:21 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Turnovers kept us from blowing UT away by 20 or 30 points. If someone would've told me we'd lose four fumbles against UT I'd say we lose the game by 14 points.

I do think they offense is a little stale and predictable. Until the 4th quarter I don't think we had two pass attempts for more than five yards. I used to praise Eddie Gran, but now I realize that his offense is why we can't beat teams in the top 25.

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-29-2017 09:48 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From my vantage point near the tunnel between sections 33 & 34, my bones shaking and my head telling me to be thankful the rain had gone away before I arrived at 4:30, I finally realized what was going on. We are very fortunate that whoever assigns the schedule (partly Stoops and the SEC) this year we have one of the easiest schedules possible.

EKU, E.Mich., S. MS., FL, TN., SC., M.,Vandy and MS ST. None of these teams are very good. What we are is in the same category, not all that great. We are not going to beat anyone very bad. They are mostly toss ups and if we have a little luck and play a little extra good we win.

Don't expect us to beat anyone more than 10-14 points. We have a bowl and we can get a tougher bowl opponent if we can beat Vandy, MS and possibly Louisville. If we finish 8-4 or even 9-3 we will get the you know what beat out of us in a bowl. If we finish 7-5 we may have a chance to win a bowl.

Just my vision for the rest of the year.

[ 10-29-2017, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-29-2017 10:26 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our defense is swiss cheese. Actually, if there's a cheese with more holes than swiss cheese, well that's us. We can't tackle, we can hardly contain a backup running back, and we leave receivers wiiiiiide open. When we play a top-20 offense we'll get shellacked. Our last two games could get very ugly. Georgia will be a blowout of epic proportions. Thankfully though, Louisville's defense is pretty poor, so we should be able to keep the score somewhat respectable.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-29-2017 12:45 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The defense is pretty porous, but to keep UT out of the end zone after those fumbles was better than usual. We’re a mediocre team, but that’s better than 2-10 every year. I’ve been extremely disappointed with Westry.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-29-2017 12:58 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're one holding play away from being undefeated. I'll take a 6-2 start every year, but it's just a head-scratcher of a season so far.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-29-2017 03:47 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't see or hear the game, so I came here to find out the scoop. I heard some pretty bad comments, so I naturally assumed we stunk up the joint and lucked into a win.

The one really bad stat was four turnovers. The amazing thing is that Tennessee only converted those TOs into 9 points. There were some pretty amazingly good things to talk about, but nobody pointed these out:

Snell gained 160 yards on the ground, behind a resurgent offensive line led by redshirt freshman Drake Jackson at center. We averaged 8 yards per carry on the ground, and 11 yards per pass completion. We gave up ZERO sacks, and only 2 tackles for a loss. That, my friends, is OUTSTANDING offensive line play! We converted on 43% of our third-down attempts, and scored in all 4 of our red zone attempts.

Defensively, we had 7 sacks and 12 tackles for a loss. Those TFLs took 69 yards away from Tennessee's total, and the sacks dropped another 60 yards.

Most importantly, we won the freakin' game.

I don't know about you, but this 6-2 Kentucky football team looks pretty good to me right now.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-29-2017 04:37 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you needed to watch the game, Tip. [Big Grin]

The problem last night is that with a minute left in the game, we were losing when we should've been up by 21. It was just a very frustrating game to watch.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-30-2017 05:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A 6-2 start is the best sine 2007.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-31-2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We did have some outstanding plays but overall we are just a good team, nothing more. We can beat the teams we are supposed to beat, but not by much due to some of the plays we take off. If we beat MS and Vandy we may get a bowl outside of the state of TN. But then we will probably lose the bowl because we'll get a team that's better than us. We will know how it goes come January 1. I'm hoping we can put a thumping on Ole Miss but knowing these guys they will win the toss and lose the ball on the first play of the game so we can start out in the hole.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-31-2017 02:40 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our defensive backs can't get their heads around to defend receivers or they play A zone defense that dose not work. we need a defense that is aggressive and not a wait and react type. I blame coach Stoops, he needs to let the coaches coach. He said he didn't interfere the last drive of the game against UT and you seen what type of offense we could have. We hit the corners and stretched the field. Coach House said at the start of the season that the defense was going to force the action but as everyone can see it's the let's let them get through the line and let our line backers react and make the tackles. I'm happy with our overall record but like i've said before we could very easily be 2-6 instead of 6-2.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-01-2017 06:03 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky should be 7-1, if not for a BS call at the end of the game.

Kentucky has a QB that isn’t a very good passer, but he makes enough plays to win.

I thought he would improve his passing, over last season. I think he has gotten worse, but he is winning games.

They have a strong arm kid that is a transfer, waiting in the wings. Will be interesting to see if the offense is more explosive, next year. I expect Barker to transfer, after he gets beat out in the spring.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-01-2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The high school kid coming in will beat out all the current QBs next year.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-01-2017 03:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to see Lynn Bowden get a chance at qb. Who knows with his skills and athleticism he could be a Lamar Jackson type of player. Why teach him a new position like wide receiver when he's played the quarter back position his whole life.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-01-2017 03:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm talking next year of course

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-02-2017 09:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you haven't seen the QB we have signed for next year you're in for a good surprise.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-03-2017 07:23 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, let's hope this kid does honor his commitment come to Kentucky. He was just offered a scholarship by Ohio State, and Alabama has been in contact with him as well.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-03-2017 09:35 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
................and we all know what could happen when they get involved. [Mad]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com