TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » What a Dream!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a Dream!!
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2017 08:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For this to happe4n it would be a complete stroke of luck. After falling off the wagon during this weeks game with MO it is nothing more than a pipe dream on paper. At this point I would think a 7-5 season would be a stretch for this team. Either the coaches are really screwing up these kids something fierce or the kids are having numerous mental lapses during the games. Of course it could be that we don't have enough of the better kids here (yet)?

"""As the moon completely blotted the sun back in late August, one scribe put forth another oddity of nature that could profoundly alter the college football landscape in the months ahead.

Ten wins for Kentucky football in 2017.

Today, as UK enters its bye week at the exact mid-point of its 12-game season, those spaced-out presumptions are no longer the butt of Uranus jokes. In fact, as the Wildcats’ season settles into a comfortable orbit at 5-1, all around the SEC programs are imploding, leaving massive black holes in the conference universe and an unprecedented window of opportunity for Kentucky football.

For that reason alone, it is imperative that Big Blue Nation not let the heartbreaking, infuriating, unfathomable loss to Florida on Sept. 23 ruin your expectations for the 2017 season. More importantly, as Big Blue Madness fills the sports void this weekend, don’t race ahead to the start of basketball practice when a football season of historical proportions is still within reach over at the Nutter Training Facility.

That’s because the stars have aligned.

There is no Alabama, no Auburn, not even a Texas A&M on Kentucky’s schedule going forward. Only both Mississippi schools and the SEC East foes. Taking advantage of the situation, of course, falls squarely on Kentucky, but consider this possibility: a 9-1 Kentucky team facing Georgia with the SEC East championship possibly on the line."""

Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2017 08:42 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is really something. Here we are 5-1, exactly where I thought we would be at the beginning of the season. But how we got there is the main problem torturing my mind. We can't seem to play for a whole 60 minutes per game. Wekeep trying to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. You'd think we would all be happy but there are others like me who know we have been fortunate to be 5-1. Maybe they will surprise me and go 5-1 in the next 6 games. I doubt i9t.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-09-2017 09:57 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the team is banged up with injuries. They have starters out and others playing hurt because they have to.

Some of the lapses they have, may be do to all the personnel changes that have to be made.

I'm hoping they can finish the season strong.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-09-2017 10:44 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I've seen this year, we could use a new defensive backs coach.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-09-2017 12:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.............and an offensive line coach, mainly who knows how to open holes for the backs.

So now we are 5-1 thru the easiest half of the schedule, and we can't seem to put anyone away. Now comes the tough part of the schedule. Where we look to win maybe 2 of 6 games? That could be a stretch also. We'll see if these guys are able to get up and stay up for 60 minutes a game for some tough teams. With a lot of luck we could win 4 of these games but I really only see 2 wins the rest of the way unless they have a little help.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-09-2017 07:53 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found myself disappointed after the Missouri game, and then I thought why I should be extremely happy. How many times in years past have we lost ballgames at the very end and we'd say we expected it because we are kentucky. Well I say let's get the Blue collar mentality of this team and enjoy the hard work that they have put in and take the breaks that are going our way.I'll take an Ugly win over a loss any day.the only games we won't be favored in is Louisville and Georgia and who knows with a lucky break we could have a season of a life time. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com