TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Score Prediction for Cats/Gamecocks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Score Prediction for Cats/Gamecocks
Cold Spring Cat
Player
Member # 14751

posted 09-15-2017 09:21 AM      Profile for Cold Spring Cat   Email Cold Spring Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With news that Jordan Jones is out tomorrow in addition to the anemic offense the Cats have shown thru the first two weeks, I am not confident about a Cats win in Columbia tomorrow.

I think the sold out crowd plus the revenge factor on the part of the Gamecocks are too much for the Cats to overcome.

Gamecocks 35
Wildcats 10

Posts: 140 | From: Cold Spring, KY | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-15-2017 01:36 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I don't think we are quite ready to pull off a road win in the SEC.

USC 34
UK 17

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2017 02:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USC 28 Cats 14

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-15-2017 03:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the Cats will lose 27 - 21. I would love to be wrong in this instance. I never like picking my team to lose.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-15-2017 11:09 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats win 17-14 last min field goal from 46 yrs
[Big Grin]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-16-2017 10:20 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not that impressed with SC. I'm taking the Cats 27-24. Go Big Blue!

P.s. I'm not real impressed with Cats thus far either. 😂

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-16-2017 09:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great first half! We just need to continue to play with emotion.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-16-2017 11:09 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats Win! In this case, I am really glad I was proved wrong.

This team rises to the level of competition.

Now, to play the worry wart, I hope they get enough players healthy to hang a loss on Florida.

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-16-2017 11:43 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Yeah, I don't think we are quite ready to pull off a road win in the SEC.

USC 34
UK 17

Tip,

You are one of the posters on this site for whom I have the utmost respect, but I am sure glad to tell you that you were really wrong!! [Smile]

I have to say though, that I am pretty shocked that we won and with the way we won. What a balanced offensive attack. It was good to see them out physical an SEC opponent and play so well on special teams.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-17-2017 12:12 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think our defense made plays when they had to. They were really poised most of the game. In addition, I thought the offensive play calling was outstanding, that was the difference in the game. Really proud of our players and the coaching.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-17-2017 08:52 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! Just read that Deebo Samuel is out for the season with a broken leg. That sucks for that kid and SC.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-17-2017 12:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are on top of the conference without a season loss. [Smile]

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-17-2017 12:19 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate to see any player get injured. But, they announcers acted like Kentucky was playing with an advantage with the SC star out, when the Cats were playing without their best defender and other players were dropping like flies.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-17-2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GA_cat,

Thanks for the kind words, but I was even happier to be wrong. Those kids must have some real grit. I couldn't watch or listen to the game, as I attended a friend's 50th wedding anniversary party (Whew! Still hung over a bit from that one!). When I read the recap just now, I was really impressed. From the stats, it looks like an old-fashioned, run-the-football win. But they seem to have overcome a real bad start and just ran the ball down SC's throat, with some fine 3rd down passing and great ball control.

I am really starting to like this team. They are not blowing anybody out of the stadium, but they are intensely competitive and ought to scare any of our opponents.

Next up, a very lucky Florida team, and the game is on National Tiptree Day (my birthday). Hope the Cats give me a nice present!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-19-2017 10:44 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can you imagine being bowl eligible after the Missouri game. It could happen if we pull off a massive upset against Florida.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-19-2017 01:21 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue hoot:
Can you imagine being bowl eligible after the Missouri game. It could happen if we pull off a massive upset against Florida.

Kentucky is a 4 1/2 point dog at home to Florida. A Kentucky win would be an upset of the minor variety.

The importance of a victory over the Gators to the program and to the fans is much greater, because of the streak. This is not the teams of the past, that lacked depth and had to have everything go perfect to win the game.

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-19-2017 05:27 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The main thing that has to happen to beat Florida is that our defense has to show up. We have to stop the run, as we have in the first three games, and make Florida one dimensional. If we do that, and win the turnover battle, then we have a good shot at coming away with the win.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-20-2017 11:41 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
A Kentucky win would be an upset of the minor variety.

I completely understand what you're saying, Boom, but I also say that a victory over Florida would be the biggest win of the Stoops era. It would be a victory of epic proportions because it would mean that we're no longer just a piece of carpet for the upper echelon of the SEC to walk on.

Or maybe it'll mean we just got lucky.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-21-2017 11:49 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Odds are being bet down. Kentucky is a 2 point dog at home.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com