TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » What plays are saying about assistants Leblanc and Hood

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What plays are saying about assistants Leblanc and Hood
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-06-2017 03:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are players saying about Kentucky's defensive line coach and their new linebackers coach/special teams coordinator?

Chris Whittaker arrived at Kentucky from Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade Madonna earlier this summer so he doesn't know anything other than a defensive line unit coached by LeBlanc. He wasn't around for the Jimmy Brumbaugh years. So, in that sense, he and LeBlanc are starting from a similar point, although the coach got to work with the older players during the spring.

While the coaches have just now started to work with the players on the field in a practice setting, Whittaker said LeBlanc has made a positive impression on him early.

Most importantly, LeBlanc has made Whittaker feel like he's welcome to come to him with something.

“He’s real cool. He’s a real cool person. He makes adjustments when we need help. I can just go to him if I have any questions. We can watch film. He’s a good guy to know and he’s a good coach,” Whittaker said.

Whittaker isn't the only first-year defensive lineman who was saying nice things about LeBlanc on Sunday. Abule Abadi-Fitzgerald was as well, and that's significant.

Abadi-Fitzgerald is making a significant transition from Florida (originally from outside the country) to Lexington as well, but he's also very new to the game of football. So that position coach-player bond will be key to his college experience, at least at first, as he feels his way around.

Most helpfully for Abadi-Fitzgerald, LeBlanc seems to be meeting him where he's at, not expecting him to be too advanced, but rather engaging him on a level he understands and without getting frustrated.

“He’s a very patient guy and I wasn’t expecting it to be like that,” Abadi-Fitzgerald said. “He’s a very, very patient coach. I’ll go into his office sometimes and he’ll give me what I need to learn. He’s always there for me, texts me to make sure everything’s going well. He’s really trying to build that player-coach relationship.”

Fellow freshmen said similarly positive things about Dean Hood, Kentucky's other new guy.

“Coach Hood has been good,” Joshua Paschal told CatsIllustrated.com. “I’ve heard good things about him just from being a head coach and from being a great person also.”

Alex King echoed those sentiments, perhaps in an even more sentimental tone.

“I love him. Great coach,” King said of Hood. "He helps us understand our position of course, but I feel like he’s more than a coach. He’s a family guy. He’s always there leading us on, some positive facts.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com