TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Can Kentucky win eight games?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Kentucky win eight games?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-01-2017 06:49 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

I disagree about which games, but I am picking UK to win at least 8 regular season games.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-01-2017 08:50 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every year I'm optimistic that we'll have a great season, and almost every year I'm disappointed. So I'm reserved on my predictions, but I don't see why this team can't win 8 or 9 games.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-01-2017 03:26 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They should win 8 or 9 but will they. Will they run Benny Snell to death? Will they have a good passing game to offset the run? Can they stop the run? If they can do all this they just might go to a top bowl.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-01-2017 04:34 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Benny Snell and Stephen Johnson didn't play against Southern Miss, last season.

I think the Cats win big in the opener. That will get them started off better than last season.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-02-2017 02:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No reason why our Cats can't win 7-8 games with a big win today.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-02-2017 08:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good win by the Cats today against a decent Southern Miss team and should win next weeks game against Eastern. Then things get tough having to play South Carolina and Florida.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-03-2017 03:04 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The offense was underwhelming. The QB play at the end of the year was stellar. At the start of this season, sub par. Same guy. It is a head scratcher for me. The running game got stuffed and the wildcat was over used for marginal payoffs.

The offense has to get going. I thought they were over this kind of crap.

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 09-05-2017 02:15 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
The offense was underwhelming. The QB play at the end of the year was stellar. At the start of this season, sub par. Same guy. It is a head scratcher for me. The running game got stuffed and the wildcat was over used for marginal payoffs.

I walked away feeling the same way. I felt we missed the home run threat of Boom Wiliams. The run game was strictly a power game, and I thought that hurt. I am also worried about the Bowden kid. Came in with a lot of hype, and I am afraid he will be unhappy and leave.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-05-2017 03:09 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:

I walked away feeling the same way. I felt we missed the home run threat of Boom Wiliams. The run game was strictly a power game, and I thought that hurt. I am also worried about the Bowden kid. Came in with a lot of hype, and I am afraid he will be unhappy and leave.
It is very early in the season to give up on Bowden. He is a star. It pisses me off when coaches go into ultra conservative mode. They better open up the offense and give the young man a chance. They sorely miss Boom and they need another play maker.

If we have seen anything about playing in the SEC, it takes a good 3 to 4 RBs to get through the season. He will get his chance. If I were coaching, he would already be in the stat book for a TD.

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-05-2017 03:13 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am starting to see a pattern with the OC. He seems gets out maneuvered at the first game of the season and his two bowl games that I have seen. That means when the staffs have more time to prepare, he gets figured out, but he can't do the same to the opposition. I do understand that his bowl game with Cincy was without his starting QB, so maybe he gets a pass with that game..

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com