TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats hire new defensive backs coach

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats hire new defensive backs coach
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-18-2017 07:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky hired Steve Clinkscale as their new defensive back coach.

[b]Kentucky announced the hire of former Cincinnati co-defensive coordinator Steve Clinkscale as the team’s new defensive backs coach on Tuesday.

Clinkscale spent the last three seasons with Cincinnati, but was promoted to co-defensive coordinator in 2015 after two years as the team’s defensive backs coach. He previously coached cornerbacks at Illinois and Toledo.

“I am very impressed with Coach Clinkscale’s knowledge and the way he handles himself with players,” Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said in a press release on Tuesday. “He is well-seasoned in terms of experience. Coaches I greatly respect — Coach (Eddie) Gran and Coach (Darin) Hinshaw — who worked with him in Cincinnati speak very highly of him.”

Clinkscale will take over a secondary that finished sixth in the SEC in passing yards allowed with 198.1 yards per game. While the team returns Chris Westry, who started all 12 games as a freshman for Kentucky, Clinkscale faces the task of replacing A.J. Stamps, who was second on the team in solo tackles as a senior.

“I’ve been wanting to work with Coach Stoops since he’s been at Kentucky,” Clinkscale said. “This is a great opportunity for me and my family and I’m getting to work with someone who is like-minded. We speak the same language when it comes to defense. I was walking through the training facility with my wife and I told her ‘this feels like a dream come true.’ I’m very happy and I can’t wait to get on the practice field.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-18-2017 08:17 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isnt that story a year old?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-18-2017 08:28 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
11 months, according to the dateline.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2017 10:29 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't a defensive coach just leave us yesterday? I think I saw it on the news last night.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2017 12:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DJ Eliot Defensive Coordinator

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-22-2017 12:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a article on Eliot's departure.

Link

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com