TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Boom will forgo his senior year..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boom will forgo his senior year..
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2016 03:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom Williams has announced that he's declaring for the NFL. I wish him all the luck in the World, Not sure how good a move that truly is!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-31-2016 04:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has a shot that's for sure. Time will tell.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-31-2016 04:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure he'll be drafted but he might have a chance going the free angency route

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-31-2016 05:06 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He seen the writing on the wall. He would lose time next year and he didn't want that. Snell is quite a bit better than him. Boom will be lucky to make the NFL. I don't feel he would last long even if he makes it. He just can't make his way if the line doesn't open up a big hole for him. Snell can power his way thru the line.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-01-2017 01:20 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure hope he makes it but think he will have to be on top of his game during his workouts.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-03-2017 02:21 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom is no Randall Cobb. But, I never thought Cobb would be the star that he is in the NFL.

I hope the best for the young man.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-03-2017 07:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Interesting article on Boom:

If former Kentucky star Boom Williams is to carve out a role at the next level, it won’t be as a three-down running back.

Williams signed with an agent Monday night to complete his decision to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft. He’ll be in a star-studded running back class with the likes of Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey and D’Onta Foreman.

Each of those four backs will be drafted in the early rounds come April and all figure to be every-down options on Sundays. But Williams’ case is different. The 5-foot-9, 196-pound back projects to be a change-of-pace back at the next level. Teams will deem him too small for a heavy workload — much like Kentucky did.

Williams averaged a tick over 7 yards a carry in his junior season, and while he notched a career-high 171 carries, that workload was just 82nd in the country. Foreman had 323, Cook 288 and McCaffrey 253 by comparison.

But Williams’ path to NFL relevancy isn’t without examples. Plenty of other undersized scatbacks have found their way in the league.

Link

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-05-2017 05:23 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just what I've been saying for a couple of years. He is too small to be your main running back. Not sure what Snell's size is but he looks to be bigger.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-05-2017 07:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is UK's roster where it shows that Boom is 5'11 and 220 lbs.

Link

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-09-2017 11:05 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont think he is 220. I think they are lying on his stat sheet
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-10-2017 04:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't be the first time. [Wink]

[ 01-10-2017, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com