TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bowl selections

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bowl selections
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2016 12:52 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is my take on the bowl assignments according to each teams record and physical location in regards to the 11 bowls (not counting the Independence).

Playoff Alabama

2 Jan Sugar Bowl New Orleans LSU
Cotton Bowl Dallas Ft W A&M
Outback Tampa FLA

31 Dec Tax Slayer Jacksonville TENN
Citrus Bowl Orlando GEOR
Orange Bowl Miami AUB

30 Dec Music City Nashville UK
Liberty Bowl Memphis ARK
28 Dec Belk Bowl Charlotte SC
Texas Bowl Houston VANDY

26 Dec Independence Shreveport None

Just a logical guess but I'd think most of them will happen. I'd almost bet my life UK goes to Music City. The Liberty is the only other one played the same day so it would depend on what is offered to the team and which one they prefer to play in.

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2016 01:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Bama is right and we do go to the Music City Bowl it will be for the 5th time. We have won 2 times and lost 2 times.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-28-2016 04:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You really think there will be five SEC matchups?

[ 11-28-2016, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2016 09:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There should be several SEC matchups in this bowl season. VAndy became bowl eligible!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2016 09:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are 11 SEC teams bowl eligible this year!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2016 09:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are going to see a lot of SEC teams on TV playing in bowl games.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-28-2016 10:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is going to be an SEC team in all 11 of those bowls I listed. So it just about comes down to us going to the Music bowl. I think the only other possibility would be the Liberty bowl.
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-29-2016 07:52 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the approximate date when we will find out what bowl we will play in? Like to make plans soon.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-29-2016 01:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a list of all the bowl games.

Link

--------------------

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-29-2016 01:48 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Here is a list of all the bowl games.

Link

Thanks CMD but I meant do you know when it will be official that we go to the Music City Bowl.
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-29-2016 01:57 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:

Just a logical guess but I'd think most of them will happen. I'd almost bet my life UK goes to Music City. The Liberty is the only other one played the same day so it would depend on what is offered to the team and which one they prefer to play in.

I checked 7 website predictions and only one picked UK going to the Music City Bowl. I really hope you're right Bama!
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-29-2016 02:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Belk bowl - Tenn will get music city bowl!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 11-29-2016 06:55 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many did pick belk bowl.😞
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2016 10:30 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Bowl games announcement is supposed to take place on Sunday the 4th! I haven't heard a time just yet!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 11-30-2016 08:50 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On TV last night they said that Mitch was sort of hinting it might be the Tax Slayer Bowl in Jacksonville on 31 Dec. I could see TN not going to that bowl and instead going to the Music City Bowl due to the distance between Knoxville and Nashville. That's the difference of 1 day, 30 vs 31. But that would give us a better bowl and TN a worse bowl. They did win one more game than us and they beat us. But maybe that doesn't matter. Who knows?
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 12-01-2016 03:02 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Taxslayer bowl is a strong possibility right now:

Web Link

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 12-01-2016 03:35 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't know the Taxslayer Bowl use to be the Gator Bowl. Can't believe this bowl has a 3.5 million payout. I think it would be great for Kentucky to be in this bowl but location isn't convenient.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-04-2016 09:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tax Slayer it is. But it's a little less than that. It is listed at $2.75 M. Looks like we will get Georgia Tech on New Years eve. Looks like we could have gotten the Citrus Bowl in Orlando which is the same day but pays $4.25M. Only problem was they already had Louisville scheduled for that with a 9-3 record and I'm sure they didn't want to see us play them again. I'm sure the team will enjoy the sights of Jacksonville.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-05-2016 09:12 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a good thing we have time to prepare for this game because Tech uses the triple option which I don't think UK has really faced from a good team.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-05-2016 09:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, that is a fact.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com