TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Notre Dame violations

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Notre Dame violations
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-22-2016 01:16 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And North Carolina gets away much worse academic conduct!!?? WOW

fm KSR

Like Manti Te’o’s girlfriend, Notre Dame’s 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons don’t exist.

The NCAA vacated those two seasons today in an academic misconduct case involving a student-trainer. The Committee on Infractions ruled the trainer violated ethical conduct rules when she committed academic misconduct for two players and provided six others with impermissible academic extra benefits.

Notre Dame went 12-1 in that 2012-13 season and made an appearance in the BCS Championship game, where it lost to Alabama, 42-14.

There is no word on whether or not Louisville will keep its 2013 NCAA basketball title, not that that has anything to do with this story.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-23-2016 07:29 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was suprised to see the NCAA come down on Notre Dame like that, especially after North Carolina told them to basically shove it, they would run their school however they wanted too and got no punishment at all for it. UNC should have had to forfeit a National Championship but didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

Ed, we both know nothing is going to happen to Pitio and U of L, regardless of what they do. Their case has already been settled with them setting out last year's NCAA tournament voluntarily more than likely.

[ 11-23-2016, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2016 03:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was shocked to see them come down on Notre Dame too as they always seemed to be the favored team but I guess you have to pay the piper when you violate the rules, no matter who you are.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-25-2016 05:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unless you are North Carolina or the Pukies. They never heard of the piper!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-25-2016 06:56 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish the NCAA rules the written down somewhere in black and white. [Eek!]

UNC commits the ultimate in academic fraud. UL woos recruits with strippers. Dook got away the EXACT same thing that landed Cal/UMass in trouble with Marcus Camby. Yet the NCAA totally ignores them.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-25-2016 10:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's like Those programs have something on the association and they are afraid to do anything to them!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-25-2016 11:22 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One thing in common: All ACC.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-25-2016 11:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-26-2016 07:03 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Norm, until you mentioned it, I never thought of it that way!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-26-2016 03:39 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But Notre Dame are not ACC in football are they??? I think their football program stayed independent in some manner when they connected with the ACC in sports other than football??? May be wrong on that. I think they have to play a number of ACC teams in football to be allowed to be a member of their conference basketball wise.

[ 11-26-2016, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com