TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » DJ Eliot talks about the defense

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DJ Eliot talks about the defense
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2016 06:56 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How has the defense grown this season: “One thing that I was always impressed with them is they never lost confidence in themselves. They never lost hope in what we could do this year and who they could be, and they knew that if they just got a few things corrected and they continued to work hard and continued to buy in that they would see some success. So one thing that I’ve seen is a great attitude and a great work ethic and a belief in what we’re doing and what they’re doing, and that’s allowed them to build and become better.”

Has the biggest change just been gaining more experience: “That’s been the biggest difference. We haven’t done really anything different. We haven’t practiced any different, haven’t called any different schemes. But what we have done is corrected our mistakes. So the mistakes that they’ve made they’ve corrected, so there’s less and less mistakes in every game.”

How hard was it to keep players confidence up early in the year: “It would have been if they were getting beat. I think if we would have put the film on and said, ‘Listen, you did everything right, that guy’s just better than you,’ I think there confidence would have gone in the tank pretty quick. But when we said, ‘Look, it’s nothing he did, it’s what you did. You gave him that play, you didn’t play this properly, you didn’t line up right, you didn’t communicate, you didn’t play the technique,’ we can fix that. That’s an easy fix, and when we do that you’ll start being a lot more successful.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com