TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » ESPN believes Kentucky will make a bowl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ESPN believes Kentucky will make a bowl
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2016 07:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky is picked to make bowl games in ESPN’s latest bowl projections.

ESPN has the Wildcats going to either the Birmingham Bowl on December 29 or the AutoZone Liberty Bowl on December 30.

Here are their projections:

Birmingham Bowl

Legion Field, Birmingham, Alabama
Dec. 29, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Central Michigan vs. Tulane
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Kentucky

AutoZone Liberty Bowl

Liberty Bowl, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 30, noon (ESPN)

Schlabach: Oklahoma State vs. Kentucky
McMurphy: TCU vs. Missouri

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-12-2016 10:47 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would love to go to Memphis, to the Liberty bowl.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-13-2016 04:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as the drought has been, I wouldn't care if it was the empty food bowl.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2016 11:48 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The last Bowl we were in was 2011, it was the BBVA Compass bowl against Pittsburg which we lost 20-11. Joker Phillips was our coach at the time.

[ 10-18-2016, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-18-2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All we have to do is beat MS St, Misouri or Georgia and Austin Peay. Shouldn't be too hard. [Wink]
Posts: 14155 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-19-2016 04:10 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
All we have to do is beat MS St, Misouri or Georgia and Austin Peay. Shouldn't be too hard. [Wink]

Bama cat, I would normally agree with you, but every time I start to feel comfortable, and think UK should and expect to win A particular game, it seems we regress. Four winnable games for sure, let's just hope we don't get our hopes up just to be dissappointed again.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-21-2016 12:19 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
QB play was horrible, last game. Then it came out that he had a sore wrist, from the previous game, but should be good to go for this game. Not sure if that is why or if it was just a lack of confidence or slow decision making.

With each season under Stoops, I keep hoping the team will make a leap forward and show measurable improvement, in not only stats, but more importantly wins. Since Hartline's senior season, I have not felt like the team could rack up points. The defense has a;ways been hit or miss. They do seem to be improving as of late. I expected more from the defense, since that was the specialty of Stoops coming in.

I like the running game, but they need to have a solid passing game as well. This season is a failure if they can't get bowl eligible. Would be nice to see them get it done before the UL game.

After 3 1/2 seasons of Stoops, I don't take any game for granted. He has to start taking them to bowl games. I have seen a lot of other coaches do better in less time. I am hoping that Kentucky can catch a break and this coach will finally start panning out.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com