TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats still have a shot at a bowl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats still have a shot at a bowl
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-09-2016 08:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The record shows that Kentucky has beaten Vandy in four of the Wildcats’ last five bowl trips — as well as 9 of their last 11 bowl appearances. That’s not a lock, but it’s as close to a lock as you’ll find on the Wildcats’ schedule, especially the Southeastern Conference portion of it.

Now the Wildcats have a week off to heal and improve. Mississippi State visits Oct. 22. The Bulldogs are struggling. They slipped to 2-3 Saturday when Auburn won in Starkville, 38-14. State started the season by losing to South Alabama. It is not a vintage Dan Mullen team, not without quarterback Dak Prescott.

Then comes a trip to Missouri, which has also lost three of its first five. The Tigers are winless in two SEC games.

The critical sixth win? Austin Peay, of course.

But first the Wildcats had to handle Vanderbilt. They did.

"We still have a long way to go," Stoops said. "But we're getting better ... We didn't flinch."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-10-2016 11:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You would think they could go 4-4 in the SEC? I don't think a betting man would take that bet, but you never know. Everything will have to align with the stars but it could happen. Stoops needs it bad to save his butt.
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-11-2016 10:40 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Stoops needs to get a job at a junior college, or possibly a high school.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-11-2016 01:11 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The coaching staff, at least in the eyes of this fan, seems to get out coached and outmaneuvered in the 2nd half of just about every game.

The team should be 4 wins and 2 losses. There is no way they should have lost that first game, with such a huge lead at half time.

Stoops runs his mouth in the press about the fans and the outside noise that he and his players have to deal with.

Stoop and his staff should look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are getting out coached in the 2nd half of games.

If they don't go to a bowl, the noise from the fan base will get a lot louder and the attendance in the stands will get sparse.

Barnhart has gotten a pass, for his performance. If Stoops does not work out, Barnhart needs to be the first to go, because he is the one who gave a coordinator with no head coaching experience the job with guaranteed money that is not tied to winning or making bowl appearances. How can you ask boosters to pony up money and keep a guy who isn't smart enough to make a deal that is fair to the University.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-11-2016 05:43 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very w ng you said. I am no Barnhart fan going back to his hiring of Billie Gillispie which cost us a few million dollars buy out after only two years and Stoops will cost us a lot more than that. He is just not head coaching material in my book. Barnhart should be let go at the same time Stoops is let go in my opinion.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com