TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops all for early signing, 10th assistant

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops all for early signing, 10th assistant
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2016 02:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since he arrived at Kentucky, coach Mark Stoops has been in favor of an early signing period just like basketball and other sports have.

Now the NCAA is talking about the possibility of an early signing period and Stoops is all for it.

“I saw it. I’m all for it. I think most of my counterparts there in the SEC are not for it, but I would be. I think what exact date or how we work through that still needs a little bit of massaging, but I’m all for an early signing period,” Stoops said.

He would like to see players allowed to take official visits earlier to go along with the earlier signing date if that becomes a reality.

He’s also in favor of the recommendation to add a 10th full-time assistant coach.

“It’s really silly not to do that with as many quality controls as we all have and as many spots as we have. It’s silly not to just let them get out there and coach,” Stoops said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com