TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » 3 Keys and a Prediction

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 Keys and a Prediction
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-07-2016 01:28 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slow Ralph Webb

Vanderbilt ranks last in the Southeastern Conference in passing yards per game (154.6) and 13th in total yards per game (302.4), but junior running back Ralph Webb is good enough to plague Kentucky’s defense on his own.

Limit turnovers

UK coaches and quarterback Stephen Johnson have been clear: allowing the offense’s turnover problems to persist is unacceptable.

Vanderbilt is tied for second in the SEC in turnover margin (plus-three). With the Commodores’ offense struggling to score points, Kentucky can ill afford to set up Vanderbilt with short fields or even defensive scores from their own miscues.The Wildcats rank 126th of 128 teams in the country in total turnovers (14).

Manage the pressure

The stakes are obvious when Kentucky takes on Vanderbilt Saturday: Any obvious path to six wins and bowl eligibility includes a victory over the Commodores.

While a win Saturday will not ensure UK ends its bowl drought, a loss would be disastrous to fan support for the second half of the season. With a bye week coming up and Big Blue Madness just a week away, Stoops and his team can't give fans another reason to check out in the second half.

Prediction

Kentucky 28, Vanderbilt 17

After impressing in a must-win game against South Carolina two weeks ago and holding its own for most of a half at No. 1 Alabama, Kentucky appears to be headed in the right direction. Success or failure in October will say much about the Wildcats’ bowl hopes, but the team cannot afford to overlook Vanderbilt. The guess here is players and coaches seize the opportunity to avenge the 2015 loss to the Commodores before a bye week offers an important rest before two more crucial games this month.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-07-2016 08:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After Vandy we would need 3 more wins from Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi St, and Austin Peay. The only almost sure win is A.P. which means we would need to win 3 SEC games. That's asking a lot but they know that also and if they play smart maybe they can do it. Not holding my breath though.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-07-2016 10:48 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the UL and UT games are going to be nearly impossible to win. The other 5 (yes, UGA too) I believe we at least have a chance to win. We have to win 4 of those 5 to go bowling. Not looking very promising at the moment, but there is a chance. Go Big Blue!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-08-2016 09:52 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Went out this morning and it was misting rain. Maybe just heavy fog? Looked on the weather and there is no rain in KY so I won't be carrying my rainsuit to the game. Got to get moving and get ready to leave in about an hour and a half. Hope we can put this one out of reach in the first half but I doubt it.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-08-2016 02:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably going out on a limb but our Cats "should" win this game handily.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com