TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bama beat us but Stoops saw more defensive players in the right spots

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bama beat us but Stoops saw more defensive players in the right spots
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-03-2016 08:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky didn’t win at Alabama Saturday, but it certainly fared better than it did in a road game at Florida three weeks early when it was thrashed.

“We go into a situation like that against the No. 1 team in the country and it’s extremely physical, extremely talented and very well coached. Our guys competed. I thought we did the right things, were in the right position, guys were executing for the most part,” Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said. “There was a drive or two that are not okay and we need to get some things fixed and play with greater urgency, but I thought overall we had guys in the right position, guys were straining to make plays.

“We weren’t just blowing assignment because bad things were happening. We got lined up and made them beat us. We didn’t beat ourselves. We got some stops and had some chances. Your margin for error is very slim and you’ve got to make the most of your opportunities. You’re not going to have a lot of opportunities.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-04-2016 09:56 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Saban took it easy on Kentucky myself. He has a habit of not running up to score on very weak opponents such as our team and that is one thing I have always admired about him. Unlike Petrino at U of L and Urban Meyers at Ohio State, Saban does not want to totally demoralize the young men his team is far superior too.

Stoops should can his speech from the first game of the season and just keep using it without having to show up before camera and mikes weekly.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-04-2016 08:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think saban was taking it easy. Instead of running out the clock at the end of the game, he was throwing trying to get a late cheap touchdown.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com