TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Bama star says Cats were very physical

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bama star says Cats were very physical
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-02-2016 02:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you are still trying to debate what the rest of the season could hold for Kentucky, consider what Alabama coach Nick Saban and leading tackler Jonathan Allen had to say about UK after the game Saturday night.

“That’s probably one of the most physical games I’ve played since I was in college. I have to give Kentucky a lot of credit,” Allen, who had eight tackles, said.

That’s strong praise.

“Kentucky has a much better team than what everybody gives them credit for, especially the last couple weeks when they’ve sort of been trying to run the ball and do what they can do very well,” Saban said.

“Their defense has played a lot better, and I think that was certainly the case today. So you’ve got to give them a little bit of credit. You’ve got to give Mark (Stoops) a lot of credit for bringing his team back that way so that they’re playing hard and actually playing a lot better.

Again, Saban is not one to lavish praise on his team or an opponent after a game.

So what did Kentucky coach Mark Stoops think of his team’s 34-6 loss?

“I felt like we did some better things in this game, and the bad thing is we’re still capable of so much more and that’s what aggravates you. I definitely felt like we grew. We’ve been talking about improvement and growing as a team. I think we did that in certain phases and maybe took a step back in others, but we’ll keep on working,” Stoops said.

Link

[ 10-02-2016, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-04-2016 08:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We keep playing physical and will have a shot of another win or two.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-05-2016 07:11 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a pretty sad state when this coach has been here 4 years and we as fans are happy with three or four wins per year for the salary Stoops receives from UK. They certainly should beat an extremely weak Vandy team this week.

[ 10-05-2016, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-05-2016 08:11 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
plus I don;t see who we could get this upcoming yr as LSU - Texas - Auburn - and a cpl more big time schools will be looking for new coaches. So who would we get after those are filled by people like Miles etc?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-05-2016 10:58 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, I know I read some time back that the Ky job was the second highest paid football coaching job within the SEC, only behind Saban of Bama. If that is true, we should be able to compete for a high quality coach who wants to make a name for himself at a basketball rich school.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com