TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops:"We have to get people on the same page"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops:"We have to get people on the same page"
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-27-2016 09:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Early in his show, he had a caller tell him he was a “good coach” but that he would rather have Tommy Tuberville of Cincinnati come to Kentucky because he had “coached in the SEC” at Auburn.

“What am I going to do after I lose, Tom?” Stoops said to show host Tom Leach after the call.

Of course, rumors were rampant Saturday about Stoops’ future before the Cats did win and his players said after the game it was for him. He even joked about how quickly news spread on social media during his weekly press conference Monday afternoon.

Stoops said during his radio show that negativity in the fanbase was not helping the team.

Stoops had spoken earlier in the show about how the program couldn’t have a fragmented fanbase and how the negativity wasn’t helping the team in any way. He said during his press conference that his team had to avoid distractions.

“I was proud of the team and proud of their focus and the way they executed this past week. When the season doesn’t start the way you want it to, there’s always going to be a lot of outside noise and distraction. I was very proud of the team and the coaching staff of focusing on the task at hand,” Stoops said about the win over South Carolina and the game preparation.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-27-2016 05:23 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The negativity of the fans comes from the product he puts on the field. His coaching is what is keeping the fans from filling the stands. I don't know if they will win again this year. If LSU can fire Les Miles, a coach of the stature of Stoops certainly should be looking over his shoulder every day. He should not be blaming the fans for negativity within the program, the blame is all his.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-27-2016 06:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to go back to the "early 50's" to find a coach that had a winning record coaching Kentucky. Kentucky is a very tough place to coach football to say the least and I expect we aren't going to get much better in the future. Personally if we get players and coachs that give their best effort both on and off the field I will continue to pull for them every game they play although it I agree it isn't easy.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-27-2016 07:09 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are known nationally as a basketball school but I don't see how that keeps us from having a quality football program. How can U of L be a football power and not UK???? Also, Cincy have pretty good football teams almost every year and we are almost half way between those two schools. I think a big part of our problem is that we have just not hired top notch football minds who can recruit and put a representative team on the field year in and year out.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-27-2016 08:59 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The admin and the boosters need to get over trying to find a priest for a coach and hire a winner......bottom line...they need a coach that knows how to win
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-28-2016 07:15 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is my point exactly Boomdaddy, it starts with a quality winner at coach. The job pays almost as good as any within the SEC except Bama, why can't we produce a winning coach for a change. I see absolutely no reason UK should not be able to have a good football program to go along with our top notch basketball program. One sport should feed off the other. I look at the major ladies sports of basketball, volleyball and softball and they are all rated programs almost every year. Football should share the same spot light as these spots do.

The football program problems can't be for lack of financial backing, coach is well paid, facilities have been brought up to state of the art, we just need a winning coach to take advantage of a rabid fan base by producing winning teams.

[ 09-28-2016, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com