TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Boom knows UK offense needed boost from Johnson and Snell

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boom knows UK offense needed boost from Johnson and Snell
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-22-2016 09:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom Williams is Kentucky’s most explosive offensive player and had a terrific game against New Mexico State last week even if he was overshadowed by the emergence of backup quarterback Stephen Johnson and backup running back Benny Snell in the 62-42 win.

“It was nice to get points on the board and have fun,” said Williams. “Stephen came in and did a nice job. He took over the offense and extended plays and drive. That was really good for us.”

What about Snell?

“I am very proud of Benny. He came up big for us. He can help us a lot. It was good to see him in that rotation and both of us were successful with the line and outside guys blocking for us the way they did,” Williams said.

“As a leader of this offense, I just felt like it was on me to go out there and get us going and in rhythm. It does help our confidence, but we know this is just one win. We are back into SEC play now.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-24-2016 01:13 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bennie Snell looks and runs like a SEC runningback, I think if stoops don't mess it up both of them can really be productive. If we can run the ball and eat up clock that helps the defense a lot.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9789 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com