TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Benny Snell: “I live and die for football.”

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Benny Snell: “I live and die for football.”
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-19-2016 04:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the football field, Benny Snell only knows how to play one way — all out.

“Whenever my number is called, I just try to make the most of it,” he said. “I am an emotional physical player. I live and die for football. I am glad to be part of such a good team that is rising right now. I just love it.”

Snell’s stock certainly is on the rise after he ran 17 times for 136 yards and a school-record four touchdowns in Saturday’s 62-42 win over New Mexico State. That was the most rushing yards by a true freshman at UK since Derek Homer against Tennessee in 1997 and he became only the second freshman — Danville’s Don Phelps was the first in 1946 — to score four touchdowns in a game.

For weeks there had been a buzz about what Snell was doing in practice and when senior JoJo Kemp had an ankle injury Saturday, Snell was elevated to Boom Williams’ backup.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-24-2016 01:19 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This kid has a bright future

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-25-2016 08:26 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We wouldn't have won yesterday's game if he hadn't been put in the game in the 4th quarter. I was there, I saw it. Boom is good but Snell will be the real deal. For those old enough to know and have seen Jim Brown play know what I'm talking about. This kid just drives into the line and keeps on driving and taking whoever is in his way with him. If we want to win he'll have to play before the season is over.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-25-2016 08:30 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is good to have both. The last guy that was a true power back was Pinner and he got 5 yards after he got hit at the line of scrimmage. Would have been great to have him on this team.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-25-2016 10:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snell carried the ball 16 times for 77 yards, just under 5 yards a carry. Williams carried the ball 15 times for 123 yards and 8.2 yards a carry.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-25-2016 05:16 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.................also Boom played for 45 minutes and Snell played for 15 minutes. Boom also shared the carries with Jojo. They gave the ball almost exclusively to Snell until they stopped him one time before he even got handed the ball. That was a mistake by the offensive coach. All they had to do was key on Snell. When they did mix in another play or two it worked better.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-27-2016 08:43 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's pretty hard to keep the ball out of Boom's hands to long when he averages 8 yards per carry for the season and averages 15 carries per game.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com