TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK Football as described by KSR writer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK Football as described by KSR writer
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-11-2016 08:21 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The following paragraph is from an article on KSR and it does pretty well describe the football program at UK in its present state:

quote:

Man, it’s no fun to be so down on the program and I genuinely feel bad for the players because they’re busting their tails to do well, but, for whatever reason(s), it just ain’t happening. This football team somehow managed to get worse with more offensive talent than ever before. There’s no reason why that offense should go scoreless for five consecutive quarters against anyone. The defense, well it failed miserably in all aspects of the game. The “elite secondary” got torched and the front seven simply isn’t good enough to play SEC football right now. Teams will run and run and run and run all over them for the rest of the year. Hell, the Kentucky game is now considered a bye week for all opposing QBs on the schedule.
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-15-2016 08:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It boils down to our recruiting, you can't win unless you have talented players. imo

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-15-2016 10:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont know about that bruce - brooks got us to bowl(s) with less talented players than we have now!!

It's the coaching imno!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-16-2016 12:55 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Stoops has the qualifications to coach a whole team of 5 star recruits and win big time. He just seems to be lost along the sidelines of games and always gets out adjusted at half times. That is not the mark of a good coach. Go back to the So Miss game, 35 to 10 at half and you never score again against them, pitiful.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-16-2016 02:04 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it all started when Damien Harris from Madison Southern committed to Alabama. Boom and JOjo are just not big backs and are not going to have those 100 yard rushing games very often. We are still missing those 5 star kids we need to compete in the SEC. a bunch of 3s and a few 4s just don't get it done.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-16-2016 03:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, you can have talented backs but without talented linemen to open holes you aren't going to score many points playing in the SEC. imo

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-16-2016 03:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
again Bruce just pointing out that the ol has been together for at least 3 yrs now and each yr they are raved on how good they are. Last year I remember coaches and sports pundits excited about the strength of our OL and how they will open so many holes etc.

This year more of the same how good they are how long they have played together AND again they are being pushed around like 100 lb weaklings.

They are talented - so where is the problem?

Only thing left is the coaching staff imo!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-16-2016 04:45 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I obviously feel the same way Ed does on this topic. The talent might not be five star but in my opinion the coaching is less than one star.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2016 10:43 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just about ready to head out to CWS. Got to catch the shuttle at 12:30 to be their by 1:00 to sign in. Hope this is the day when we finally wake up and play good on both sides of the line for 4 quarters. If this is another sorry game I would start looking for something to happen in the coaching ranks. If need be the money will be found somewhere.
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-17-2016 01:02 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are a 22 point favorite, hopefully they can get a win, might be the only one this season.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-17-2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is one of two games that I expect UK to win this year.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2016 02:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
at my position on the upper concourse it is still raining and I see about a half dozen people on the field. Don't expect much warm ups today.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2016 02:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The rain seems to have just about stopped and the qb's are warming up.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2016 06:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Halftime and the score is 35 to 35. Where is the defense? Th I game is worse than the southern miss game. The last with the Ball will win it. This. Team is worse than we were when stools arrived.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-17-2016 06:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Stools" How fitting! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 09-17-2016 08:02 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well we did pull out a win. After today vs Fl St. not looking forward to playing Louisville. [Frown]
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-17-2016 10:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida State was ranked #2 in the country! [Eek!]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-17-2016 11:33 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any semblance of defense didn't show up till the last quarter. If NMST's defense was really that bad we are in trouble next week. All we need is 5 more wins to get a bowl date. We have a new freshman running back though (Snell), and we finally got a decent QB. I believe Tolles and Barker were both over hyped. We now have the ability of thQB run as well as the pass. I'll wait to pass judgement till after I see more of him.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com