TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Is Stoops in over his head?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Stoops in over his head?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-07-2016 12:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are now in year four of the Mark Stoops Era and I think this is a question that needs to be examined closely. This is Stoops' first head coaching job in Division I football. While he has brought to Kentucky unprecedented success in recruiting and the best facilities money can buy, his results on the field have been poor.

Yet again the Kentucky Wildcats suffered from a woeful second half after looking brilliant in the first. Normally, coaching staffs usually try to figure out how to continue to be better as the game continues or they are looking ahead to adjustments they may need to make as the opposition adjusts their game plan in order to get back into the game.

Stoops and company can't do that. I cannot remember a single game when I thought that coaching won it for them. I cannot recall a single game when I thought that the adjustment made at halftime were perfect.

The time for excuses is over. Stoops has his players, Joker Phillps' players are gone. He has the best facilities. He has a big contract. He has (had) the fan support. These collapses are on him and his stuff.

So this leads to my question, is he in over his head? My answer would be yes. I don't think he has what it takes to run a team from the top. I don't think he has what it takes to go to a coordinator and tell him specifically how to fix what's wrong. I don't think he has the capability.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 09-07-2016 02:18 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree. He’s making almost 3.5 million per year and can’t beat cupcakes. No excuses! I mean, I don’t expect us to be as good as the Alabama’s and Florida’s but Stoops should easily be able to get us to an average bowl berth. Our football program is beginning to be a laughing stock and that’s sad. Good players from our state are giving up great opportunities elsewhere to play in their beloved state and they deserve more. Drew Barker went to the same HS as my Daughter “Conner High” and really feel bad for him because he’s not our defense. I’m so sick and tired of people telling me “you guys can’t be good in both sports” that’s the biggest bunch of crap I’ve ever heard. I could name 30 schools that have very good basketball and football programs. I’m done with my rant! lol
Posts: 1494 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-08-2016 03:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky coachs records since 1962, note that all coachs before Stoops with losing records.

Charlie Bradshaw-1962–1968 70 25 41 4 .386%

John Ray-1969–1972 43 10 33 0 .233%

Fran Curci 1973–1981 100 47 51 2 .480%

Jerry Claiborne 1982–1989 41 46 3 .472%

Bill Curry 1990–1996 78 26-52 33.3%

Hal Mumme 1997-2000 20-26 40 43.5%

Guy Morriss 2001-2002 23 9-14 39.1%

Rich Brooks 2003-2009 86 39-47 45.3%

Joker Phillips 2010-2012 37 13-24 35.1%

[ 09-11-2016, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-10-2016 01:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like all our coachs were in over their head if you go by their past records at Kentucky.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-11-2016 08:16 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, Stoops is in way over his head. He makes far too much money for the product he puts on the football field. This team are an embarrassment to the State of Kentucky, the University, themselves and the coaching staff. No pride, no leadership from the coaches and no leaders on the field. Those things make for a very ugly season of football. Even the CBS announcers were throwing some pity in the way of UK football. Shamefull.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-11-2016 02:44 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
11 million dollars buy out so guess we are stuck with him. At least fire EJ Eliot he is horrible as a DC!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-11-2016 05:26 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have always wondered why Ky keeps Barnhart as their AD. He is the one that hired Billie Gillispie which cost us a few million dollars and now Stoops. I think the Cats might be the only SEC team that have not yet won a football game after two weeks of the season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-11-2016 09:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
11 million dollars buy out so guess we are stuck with him. At least fire EJ Eliot he is horrible as a DC!

I've been saying for 3 years that dj elliot, needed to go. I think the only way Stoops saves face is to hire a proven D coordinator, and let him do his job. I believe Stoops put the reigns on the offense yesterday, that's not the Eddie Gran game plans like he had at cinncy.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com