TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Cats 6 1/2 point favorites over Southern Miss

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats 6 1/2 point favorites over Southern Miss
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2016 06:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
College football is less than two weeks away and Las Vegas has updated the betting lines for kickoff week.

Kentucky was once a 7.5 point favorite over the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, but that line now set at 6.5 points for the 7:30 PM game on September 3rd at Commonwealth Stadium.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-22-2016 10:06 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look like the odds makers are believing in the cats improvement very much? [Eek!]
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-23-2016 10:35 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would take those odds and bet on the Cats for that game.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-23-2016 11:32 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too. I know southern Miss. has a decent team but I don't think they are that good.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 08-25-2016 09:40 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Front seven for Cats is a huge concern and question mark. The offense should score at will against USM's defense. I'm looking for a 14-17 point win for the Cats. Will be disappointed if it's closer than that.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-27-2016 01:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think EC is right on and playing at Commonwealth will be a big factor.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-30-2016 06:40 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll just be happy with the win!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-30-2016 01:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think their is a Cat fan out there that wouldn't be a happy with a win. I am hopping we can get a few SEC wins this season too.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2016 11:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a good game for the Cats and the SEC games are going to be a "whole" lot tougher.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-04-2016 11:34 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a good friend who is an old fashioned bookie and he said all the money on the game went on So Miss with the points. I guess the professional gamblers know more about our talent than our coaches and the odds makers do.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-05-2016 10:31 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure surprised me. I had a thought that we would pull it out at the last second and win by a point. But when you can't do anything on the field you don't win. I thought since Stoops had hired new offensive coachs he could last at least thru next year even if we had a bad year. Now my thoughts are if we have a worse season than we had last year the whole staff could be in the unemployment line by December 2016.

[ 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-05-2016 11:27 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The So Miss offensive coordinator was the same one Stoops fired from UK after last season wasn't he???
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-05-2016 03:29 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, the same guy. He knew our defense very well, and had several plays ready to burn us when he saw our formations. That was a key advantage they had over us, but basically, they just whipped us in the trenches and ran the ball down our throats.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com