TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops liked what he saw at Monday's practice

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops liked what he saw at Monday's practice
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2016 06:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fall camp is winding down for the Kentucky Wildcats, and UK Head Coach Mark Stoops liked what he saw on the second to last day.

"Thought we had a good morning practice. We’ll have another one this afternoon. It was very good work. Guys had good energy, good focus, improved. I felt like after watching the scrimmage, again, there were some really good things in there. I felt like we made a big jump defensively."

However, depth is still an issue for the team, and there are several position battles raging. Coach Stoops spoke about two in depth: punter and weakside linebacker.

Freshman Grant McKinniss and sophomore Bryan Kirshe will both see playing time early in the season, according to Stoops, and from the coach's words, it seems that the race is still too close to call.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-30-2016 01:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depth is so important especially when you play in the SEC.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2016 11:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We sure didn't bring our "A" game last night and makes one wonder just how many games we can win with the remaining schedule.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-04-2016 11:33 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If they can't do any better at stopping the run, they won't even win 5 games.

The other team ran the ball down their throat. It was embarrassing. Maybe they should put Kash Daniel on the field and give him a chance to start. Not sure if he is ready, but from what I have seen from the rest of the LBs, what have they got to lose.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-05-2016 08:39 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate to say it, but Elam is pretty much a bust. What is he - 6'7" and 350 pounds? He gets pushed around like a rag doll. He can barely tackle anybody. He should dominating!
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-05-2016 10:24 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What it is I think is we got stuck with all the top rated players who can't stand up to the rating they got out of high school. Is Ohio really giving us all that many great players?
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com