TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky awards itself a national championship

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky awards itself a national championship
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-29-2016 01:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The University of Kentucky is apparently getting serious about football.

Which means it might win a sixth game this year to become bowl eligible after folding down the stretch in the last two seasons.

The Wildcats have just opened a state-of-the-art $45 million football training facility. It rivals anything in the facility-crazy SEC where money is no object.

Kentucky is pulling out all the stops to attract recruits, a long-time losing battle in a basketball-crazy state that runs low on in-state football talent.

It's not enough for the Wildcats to build a football training palace that features its own chef and a kitchen, a 15-seat Gatorade nutrition bar and eight 80-inch big screen TVs in the players' lounge.

No, Kentucky has also had to become delusional about its football past, which includes winning just two SEC championships in 1950 and 1976 (a title tainted by an immediate two-year NCAA probation for numerous recruiting violations and player payments from assistant coaches).

In a pathetic attempt to revise history, obviously for the sake of 18- and 19-year-old recruits who don't care about anything that happened before they were born, Kentucky has awarded itself the 1950 national championship.

The school created a replica of the BCS crystal coaches trophy and placed it in its new football facility.

+
Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-03-2016 05:23 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am in agreement on the fake trophy deal. It makes the program look like a bunch of bozos. They should have just put up something about how good they were back then, not replicating a trophy that was never handed out.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-03-2016 12:58 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you meant disagreement didn't you Boomdaddy. If so, I totally agree, think this is a bunch of crap brought about some 66 years after the season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-03-2016 05:09 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
I think you meant disagreement didn't you Boomdaddy. If so, I totally agree, think this is a bunch of crap brought about some 66 years after the season.

I am in full agreement with whomever wrote the article that thought it was stupid to make up a trophy. It makes UK look like a bunch of goobers.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-08-2016 05:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Somebody wised up and decided to replace the fake trophy with a real sugar bowl trophy. At least they realized their stupidity and fixed it.

[ 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com