TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops not shy about bowl expectations

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops not shy about bowl expectations
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-22-2016 02:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the first time since he got to Kentucky, Mark Stoops is enjoying the talking season before preseason practice starts in two weeks.

His first three UK teams have been a combined 12-24 but he thinks a bowl game is coming and Stoops did not shy away from that on ESPN’s SportsCenter Tuesday night.

“That’s not something we talked about the past couple of years, because I didn’t know if we were quite ready for that. I do feel like we do have the pieces for that this year. I do. I’ve got a lot of confidence in what our team has done. We’ve put the work in and I feel great with the coaching staff. And it’s time,” Stoops said.

Past time for UK fans who got used to bowl bids under Rich Brooks. .

While Stoops admits winning a bowl game would be big for him, he knows it would be much bigger for the program.

“The people of Kentucky have been starved for that. Our administration is so invested in that so much. We have a great coaching staff, a renovated stadium we’re days away from moving into, a brand-new, state-of-the-art football facility. There’s a lot of people, when I took that job, I said, ‘There’s a lot of people who need to buy into for us to be successful,'” Stoops said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-22-2016 07:48 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Would love to see a bowl game this year but the biggest problem for that is a piece of paper staring me in the face.

It says FL, AL, MO, TN and Louis. on the road. Good chance we can beat MO on the road but we would have to upset either TN or Louis. on the road.

We should beat S.MS, NM St, Vandy and AP at home. That's 5 wins and a maybe. We still have SC and MS St at home also.

With some upsets we could win 6 or 7 games. So we'll just have to see how bad they want a bowl and how much luck we have.

I'm only about 3 weeks away from game day worker orientation and I'm getting anxious.

Posts: 14159 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-22-2016 09:00 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On paper, the staff has been improving the talent level. I feel that they have been under performing on offense. If they can improve the QB and receiver play, not only will they convert more 3rd downs and put up more points, but they will also have a defense that is more rested.

I really like the fact that they now have a QB coach and I really like the new receivers coach that left UL for Lexington.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com