TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Media predicting Cats improvement

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Media predicting Cats improvement
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-16-2016 09:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this the season that Kentucky football makes at least a modest step forward under coach Mark Stoops?

A segment of the media that covers the Southeastern Conference believes that it is. The Wildcats were projected to finish fourth in the SEC East in a vote by 331 media members during SEC Media Days. The results were announced Friday.

The Wildcats are expected to take advantage of slides by Missouri and South Carolina, which have replaced their coaches, while also finishing ahead of Vanderbilt. Of that trio, Kentucky plays only Missouri on the road.

Missouri won the East in 2013 and 2014 but coach Gary Pinkel retired after last season. South Carolina hired former Florida coach Will Muschamp to replace Steve Spurrier.

This is season four for Stoops. Tennessee coach Butch Jones is the only coach in the East Division who has been in his current job for four seasons.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-16-2016 10:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish them good luck on their predictions.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 07-17-2016 03:37 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think 6 wins would be the max we'll see this year...at least I hope we see 6.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-17-2016 08:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that would be a great year to win half of our games and go to a bowl. I'm not making any future plans on that assumption. I think the folks are being kind to rate us that high. We will need 2 upsets to get to 6 wins and I'll be waiting to see it.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-21-2016 12:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Six games would mean a bowl and that wouldn't hurt recruiting one bit.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com