TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » 2016 Football Schedule

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2016 Football Schedule
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-27-2016 09:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saturday Sep. 3 Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY TBA

Sep. 10 Gators at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL TBA

Sep. 17 Aggies New Mexico State Aggies

Sep. 24 Gamecocks South Carolina Gamecocks

Oct. 1 Crimson Tide at Alabama Crimson Tide
Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL TBA

Oct. 8 Commodores Vanderbilt Commodores

Oct. 22 Bulldogs Mississippi State Bulldogs

Oct. 29 Tigers at Missouri Tigers
Faurot Field, Columbia, MO TBA

Nov. 5 Bulldogs Georgia Bulldogs

Nov. 12 Volunteers at Tennessee Volunteers
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN TBA
Saturday

Nov. 19 Austin Peay Governors

Nov. 26 Cardinals at Louisville Cardinals
Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY TBA

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 05-28-2016 01:06 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow!! Getting to six wins is going to be a real challenge with that schedule.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-28-2016 08:23 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Just coming back from Tuscaloosa on October 1 with our ego intact will be a problem.

[Eek!]

My goals for this team will be simple:

(1) Show significant improvement on offense (efficiency, points scored, 3rd down conversions)

(2) Demonstrate incremental improvement on defense (especially in points scored)

(3) Be competitive with the Big Boys. Stay within a couple of touchdowns of them

(4) Have success (or at least not abject failure) with special teams situations.

(5) Win five games, and have a legitimate shot at six.

The path to six wins would have to include Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Austin Peay for sure. Then if we can pick up two out of the three home games with Vandy, Miss State, and South Carolina, we would make five. Then the sixth one would have to come from away games at Missouri or Louisville.

There is always hope that we might score a win against one of the Big Boys -- Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, or *ahem*, Bama. Not likely, but if we can stay within a couple of TDs of them, magic can happen. [Smile] If not, then basketball season will wipe away our tears...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-28-2016 09:25 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will have to be some upsets to get past 4 wins the way I see it.
Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-28-2016 11:10 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's face the truth. We are a basketball school, and always will be. Period. Just like Bama is a football school, and always will be.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-28-2016 07:27 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anything short of going to a bowl is a failure. I am hoping the team and staff have a successful year.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-28-2016 08:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'm just a bandwagon fan, but to me, a losing season is no fun at all.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-29-2016 08:18 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it can be done at Miss State and Vandy, it can be done at Kentucky in the SEC. No, I don't expect a championship, but I do expect bowl games.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-29-2016 08:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Three interesting Kentucky football stats:

1. In the entire history of Kentucky football which started in 1892 and consisted of 1206 football games we have only had 2 seasons of double digit wins.

2. We have won more games than we have lost.
The Cats have won 583 games, lost 579 and tied 44 games.

3. We have a winning record in bowl games, winning 8 and losing 7.

[ 05-31-2016, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-29-2016 09:44 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the start of a new era of kentucky football.

They have finally quit pissing on their cash cow and have started to invest back into the program.

Where they went terribly wrong was with the whole head coach in waiting ordeal and watched Joker run the program into the ground. I, personally wasn't excited about Joker being the head coach in waiting, but I figured he would keep Kentucky winning 6 or 7 games a year and got to small bowl games. I had no idea he would be the worst hire of the modern era.

All of the negatives that kept coaches and recruits from coming to Kentucky are now gone. Recruits can come in and see that the football program is a priority. All the staff has to do now is win. I think they will win. But, with the fast starts from the last two years and the busts at the end, I am tempering my optimism.

If Stoops fails, Kentucky should not have a problem hiring a "name" coach. When I say "name" coach, I do not mean "elite" coach, but one who is a proven winner as a HC in a lesser league. I hope Stoops gets it done. But, should he not, hiring another coach with no HC experience would be a huge gamble.

[ 05-29-2016, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-29-2016 07:59 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope we can get to a bowl but the odds are stacked against us. The schedule this year almost assures we won't. But that's why they have upsets and that's what it will take to get there. I believe Stoops is good for this year and one more. After that I don't see him around if he doesn't get us to a bowl game. Talk is cheap and that's what you get, is a cheap team. He needs some more good recruiting next year and a favorable schedule.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-31-2016 05:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's pretty darn hard to get a favorable schedule playing in the SEC.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-01-2016 12:10 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep. That's what it's going to take. Some outstanding recruiting, guys playing over their heads,Some luck and some UPSETS.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com