TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Westry has confidence in UK's secondary

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Westry has confidence in UK's secondary
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-25-2016 08:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any time Kentucky coach Mark Stoops sees the ball thrown on cornerback Chris Westry’s side of the field, he expects it to be an incompletion.

“I feel like it’s just not going to happen,” Stoops said about a pass being completed against his sophomore cornerback.

“He needs to continue to work, and I mentioned that through spring because he’s such a big guy, he’s so long, it’s uncommon for a guy to be 6-4 and play corner. He’s got to constantly work his fundamentals. When he gets out there in game like situation, he just can’t — through the course of spring, I, we have to really stay on him and push him because he fundamentally has to play good to play at that elite level and to get him to play like he’s capable of.

“So he’s got a long way to go, but I like his work ethic and he takes the coaching and he takes hard coaching and we just got to stay on him and he’s got to have a great summer. Because he’s just so darn big, I don’t want him to grow into a linebacker.”

Westrey senses that Stoops, who is spending more time coaching the secondary, likes what he is seeing from the defensive backs.

“He gives us more leeway than past times. He expects a lot from us this year. We only lost two guys and the majority of the guys that have returned have played before. So he expects a lot from us right now,” Westry said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com