TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops blasts offense

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops blasts offense
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-10-2016 09:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
“I was disappointed for the first time all spring with just the mentality of our offense. I don’t know if it’s cold out here, windy, but it’s not excuse. Just was not up to par. I was pleased they did some situations very well. We did quite a bit of situational work in third downs. We did some third-and-shorts, we did some goal-line and we did some two-minute, and they executed in some situations well,” Stoops said.

“But overall it just was not good enough offensively. Defensively I’ll have to see the tape, whether it was defensively making big gains or just the offense not executing and playing very well. So, I don’t want to take anything away defensively, because I thought we did have good juice, good energy and made some improvement in our run defense, which we needed to see and we saw that today.

“But overall, just in my opinion, just not good enough. It didn’t feel good enough, it didn’t feel like we had the right passion and energy out here. That was the first time all spring. It’s not good enough and not acceptable, and we’ll continue to push them.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-10-2016 04:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's just a wake up call for next season. Even the coach sees it. I hope they can do more than what I expect to see come fall.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-11-2016 09:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops has yet to have a winning season and still hoping this is the year.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-11-2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Be like me when it comes to football; Expect nothing, and you will not be disappointed. After being let down so many years, I no longer get my hopes up. Kinda like sex at my age!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-12-2016 06:11 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stoops has a lot to prove. I don't care who is on the schedule. They need to go to a bowl game, this year. I don't care if it is the worst bowl, as long as it is a bowl.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-12-2016 12:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you Norm - it's time for "football to make me excited" not "Me to be excited about football" Hope they can but years and years of being a fan - it rarely happens!.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-12-2016 05:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last bowl game we played in was Jokers 2010 team.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com