TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Adding Thomas to the staff is what UK needed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adding Thomas to the staff is what UK needed
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-03-2016 07:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mark Stoops wanted the right fit to coach receivers and the Kentucky coach says he found it with Lamar Thomas, who had been coaching receivers at Louisville.

“Lamar and I have known each other for some time, going back to my coaching days at Miami. He was just getting done playing in the league (NFL), if I’m not mistaken, at that time. He’d come back and would be around Miami’s program. I’d see him around there,” Stoops said.

“Of course, when he was a high school coach, I was at Florida State, I’d stop in and see him at the high school. Seeing him progress, taking a small college job at Hampton, moving up. Seeing how he worked at it.

He wants to be a great football coach. I have known Lamar”

He knows he brings “great value” to UK because of his college success at Miami and then years in the NFL.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-04-2016 11:28 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's good to have a coach that has played in the NFL as recruits look up to that. Thomas will help Stoops in a number of ways, recruiting being one of them.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-06-2016 08:50 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am glad that Stoops has made changes. The receivers and the QB position need the most improvement. Those positions had talent but were not getting the results.

At least we, the fans, have a reason to be optimistic, going into next season. They still have to do it on the field. But, this situation is better than doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 11:03 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really think we do Boom but Rome wasn't built in a day. I just hope we win a game or two next season to show we are on the right track.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2016 07:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a tough schedule next season, hope were up for the challenge!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-07-2016 05:51 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We look at the schedule, every season, and we see tough opponents. Kentucky had its chances in several games to get that 6th win, last season. Just like the year that UK could have beat UT, Joker refused to give Cobb the ball. Pure insanity. This past season, they couldn't even get one yard on the end zone against Vandy.

They were close. They have to get a minimum of 6 wins or the season is a failure. 7 wins or more is progress.

They are on their third OC in four seasons. I didn't like the last two. I am hoping the third time is the charm.

I do feel Kentucky has been in a huge rut at QB. The kid that left did not take a step forward. Having a QB coach has to help that position.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-07-2016 12:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The good thing is we have a great fan base that supports our Cats even when we aren't worth ****. Hopefully this coming year we can improve to the point we can have a winning season.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com