TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK's center of the future has never played the positio

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK's center of the future has never played the positio
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-03-2016 05:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the past couple of years, University of Kentucky football signee Drake Jackson has been ranked by some recruiting analysts as the No. 1 center in the country.

What’s more impressive: He’s never played the position.

Highly touted offensive line recruits rarely play center for their high school teams — even if that’s where they’re projected in college — and that was the case with Jackson, who played tackle and guard for Woodford County.

Still, he was ranked as a center and often worked out in that spot at college and all-star camps, but players in those settings usually aren’t wearing pads and aren’t asked to demonstrate the full duties of the position.

Last month’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl was the first time that Jackson had really been asked to go all out at his future position. He received rave reviews, pancaking his share of highly touted defensive linemen in the process.

“It was really different,” Jackson said. “I’ve worked on it a little bit, but I didn’t have an All-American practice dummy to go against when I was doing this. So the adjustment for me was really hard. To be able to get an accurate snap, and to get those steps in and learn your hand placement.”

Jackson, known as a cerebral player with a high football IQ, spoke

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-04-2016 05:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see how good he really is.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-06-2016 08:31 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dermonti Dawson played Guard at Kentucky and was named second-team All-Southeastern Conference in 1987, his senior year. The Steelers drafted him to be a center and he is now in the NFL hall of fame and considered to be on e of the best to ever play the position.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-06-2016 11:05 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dawson is one of the very best if not the best guard to ever play at Kentucky.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2016 07:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And he was a Steeler [Big Grin]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com