TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Unlike last year, this UK recruiting class stuck together;

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unlike last year, this UK recruiting class stuck together;
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-02-2016 09:44 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On this day last year, UK’s football coaches were scrambling.

The weeks preceding national signing day 2015 had been painted as somewhat of a disaster for the Wildcats, who lost nine commitments from their recruiting class and drew unwanted attention as possibly the biggest example of defections in the country.

Fast forward one year, and — on the eve of national signing day 2016 — Kentucky appears to be sitting pretty.

The Cats’ 2015 season ended much the way that their 2014 campaign had: Lots of losses, no bowl game and a sense of “what-if.” Logic says the end of this recruiting cycle should have been similar, but it hasn’t.

“I would say surprised is a good word,” Rivals.com national analyst Mike Farrell told the Herald-Leader. “Obviously, the vision that we’ve talked about over the years — they can no longer sell that vision. Now, you have to sell results. And things didn’t go that great this season. And they didn’t go that great down the stretch last season. And I think the difference this year is what the staff learned from last year. Staying on top of kids, keeping them focused on where they’re headed. Things like that are extremely important when you’re a team that’s on the cusp of going to a bowl game, but you’re struggling down the stretch. Just keep pointing toward the positives, and sometimes it’ll work out.

“I think this was a different group of kids than last year’s. I think this group of kids was tighter. I think they all knew what they wanted when they chose Kentucky. They seemed to be a very loyal group.”

UK goes into Wednesday’s national signing day with 25 commitments for the class of 2016, and seven of those players are already in town and enrolled in classes for the spring semester.

Unlike last year, no great surprises are expected. This cycle has ended about as well as realistically possible for the Wildcats, who currently have the nation’s No. 24 recruiting class, according to Rivals.

There are several reasons this class has stayed together through another tough finish to a UK season. Give the program’s coaching staff credit, but give the guys with all the stars by their names an assist.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-02-2016 10:27 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am hoping for a good day tomorrow.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-02-2016 10:32 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just saw where a LB from Florida decommitted. Let's hope it doesn't snowball

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-02-2016 10:57 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:
Just saw where a LB from Florida decommitted. Let's hope it doesn't snowball

That is for next year and he was recruited by a coach that is no longer with the team. Not a reason for concern.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-03-2016 02:02 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom,
I appreciate the info. I didn't realize he was a 2017 recruit. We can cross that bridge this fall. not such bad news after all.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com