TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Louisville media not happy about the Lamar Thomas news

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Louisville media not happy about the Lamar Thomas news
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-01-2016 08:13 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a little while ago, we broke the news that UofL wide receivers coach Lamar Thomas is leaving Louisville to take the same position at Kentucky, and well, the Louisville media isn’t taking it too well. Here are the most common arguments from the other side:

“Lamar Thomas is just a recruiter, not a coach”

AKA the Jody Demling camp. Demling argues that Thomas was simply on the staff to recruit, not coach.

“Thomas didn’t recruit Lamar Jackson”

Then why is he listed as Jackson’s primary recruiter by 247 Sports and Rivals? In February 2015, The Courier-Journal said Thomas “was primarily responsible for Jackson’s recruitment with Louisville,” while the Sun Sentinel cites Jackson as saying one of the key reasons he honored his commitment to Louisville was Thomas, who coached at Jackson’s high school in Florida before taking a job as the wide receivers coach at Hampton.

Thomas was also one of the coaches to help lure in four-star wide receiver Desmond Fiztpatrick, who just recommitted to Louisville today. (Don’t get your hopes up too much, it seems Fitzpatrick remains firm in that commitment.)

“It doesn’t matter, Kentucky’s wide receivers CAN’T CATCH!”

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-01-2016 08:15 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wildcat502 February 1, 2016 at 4:14 pm | Permalink | Log in to reply.

Louisville fans are saying he didnt coach the wide receivers, Nick Petrino (grad assistant) did. Wouldn`t this be illegal?? They claim they will always beat us, badly, but what they haven`t admitted is, Louisville had down years, after Bobby first left them and they blamed Kragthrope. Arkansas had bad years, after he left there. Petrino hasn`t impressed me with his recruiting and still doesnt. You can have all the 4 star receivers you want, if you dont have the linemen to block for you, the receivers wont help you. They have 2 in this recruiting class.
I believe Lamar Thomas see`s us being really good, in 2 years and Louisville will be headed downward during this same period. I believe that as well.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-02-2016 06:36 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he has as good of a relationship with his players as I've been reading, then he will work magic at UK!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com