TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Lamar Thomas is a candid fellow

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lamar Thomas is a candid fellow
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-01-2016 07:59 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As the day goes on, we’re finding out more and more about Lamar Thomas, the Louisville wide receivers coach who is leaving for the same position at Kentucky. Thomas, of course, was a star wide receiver at Miami from 1989-1992, some of the golden years at The U. Thomas set a then-school record for the most receptions in a career and is a member of the University of Miami Athletics Hall of Fame.

As most Miami players were back in the day, Thomas is quite the candid character. In this deleted scene from ESPN’s 30 for 30 on The U, Thomas wasn’t afraid to say on camera that he was recruited illegally by Florida since the 9th grade. Wide receivers are notoriously swaggy, and Thomas was more than happy to try to follow in Miami great Michael Irvin’s shoes:

Thomas’ gift of gab helped him land a job as a color commentator for Comcast Sports SouthEast after eight years in the NFL, but Thomas was fired for his comments about the Miami/FIU brawl in 2006.

“Now, that’s what I’m talking about,” Thomas said as the fight escalated. “You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don’t come into the OB playing that stuff. You’re across the ocean over there. You’re across the city. You can’t come over to our place talking noise like that. You’ll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.”

Here’s the fight:

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-01-2016 09:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm curious as to how soon before we hear an official work on this situation!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123965 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-02-2016 06:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess he broke new on Twitter last night that he has in fact taken a job at the same position at UK!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123965 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-02-2016 02:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear it looks like a done deal.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-02-2016 02:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sounds like he will never be lost for lack of words. Good to have him at Kentucky.

--------------------

Posts: 186358 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-02-2016 02:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With his football background on and off the field I would bet he will get the utmost respect from our players. He has been there done that.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com