TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kentucky football ranked last in SEC in arrests

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky football ranked last in SEC in arrests
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-25-2016 07:52 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky often finds itself at the bottom of the Southeastern Conference in several statistical categories. But this last place ranking is one it can be proud of.

According to Saturday Down South, the Kentucky football program was one of four league teams with zero arrests in 2015, giving it a tie with South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Missouri for the lowest in the conference.

Florida led the way with eight arrests in Jim McElwain’s first year in Gainesville, ahead of national champion Alabama’s six arrests:

Florida: 8
Alabama: 6
Mississippi State: 6
LSU: 5
Georgia: 4
Ole Miss: 4
Tennessee: 4
Arkansas: 3
Auburn: 1
Texas A&M: 1
South Carolina: 0
Vanderbilt: 0
Missouri: 0
Kentucky: 0

The four teams with zero arrests happened to be the four worst teams in the conference, while Florida and Alabama were the divisional champs.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-25-2016 08:34 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah we win at something! Not so fast! I would rather have a few outlaws and make bowl games, than have a team full of choir boys and a losing record.

I am also aware that there are some that think every college athlete should be on his knees praying instead of chasing women and having the occasional drink, when he is not on the field. Not me.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-25-2016 09:15 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you look at who wins and who loses, the teams that can't win don't have any arrests. I don't want any rapists or murderers on the team, but I will take a few hell raisers.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-25-2016 09:53 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FSU is paying out nearly a million bucks for their hell raiser. I don't think kids have to be hell raisers to be good football players. Reggie White was a preacher and he was pretty tough.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-26-2016 08:21 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Johnny Manziel was a hell raiser. He won the Heisman and led his team to an upset win over Bama. I would rather take my chances with the hell raisers.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-26-2016 10:22 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom,
That's why they make Fords and Chevrolets. I'll take a team full of Wesley Woodyards all day. Talent, heart, and character.

--------------------

JD4U

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-26-2016 11:19 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:
Boom,
That's why they make Fords and Chevrolets. I'll take a team full of Wesley Woodyards all day. Talent, heart, and character.

I would take a team full of Randall Cobb's as well. The problem with that is that there is only one Randall Cobb.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-26-2016 11:49 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was Randall Cobb a Hell raiser?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-26-2016 02:16 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
Was Randall Cobb a Hell raiser?

No, he was not. My point is that there are not enough "great" choir boys out there. A team also needs a bunch of hell raisers on the team. If you have to choose between kid A or kid B, if Kid B is a better player but a hell raiser you take kid B.

Calipari may have the luxury of passing on Kid B, because he is a hell raiser, but in football, not even the Bama's of the world are willing to pass up on hell raisers if they are better players than the choir boys.

[ 01-26-2016, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-27-2016 09:20 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Boom you advocate potential criminals be recruiting by Ky?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-27-2016 09:41 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
So Boom you advocate potential criminals be recruiting by Ky?

A criminal/outlaw is not the same thing as hell raiser. Just like the fans that agreed with Joker about kicking Hartline off the team and losing the bowl game. Just plain stupid. I would like to see more kids with an edge about them. No, I don't want rapist, theives, and drug dealers on the team. But, all you have to do is look at the list of the teams in the article that started this thread.

If I was a deacon in a church and part of a committee that was picking a new pastor, I would want the most upstanding person with cleanest background and wouldn't care about his 40 time.

In the mid to late 70s, UK wasn't recruiting choir boys, they were recruiting the best players and they had a farm they could go to, to party and stay out of trouble.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-27-2016 12:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a silly argument about nothing. We are ALL sinners. I still don't want a bunch of thugs on Kentucky's athletic teams. Winning is nice, but to me, reputation is a lot more important than winning. When I die, which won't be long from now, I'd rather be remembered as a nice guy, instead of a winner.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-27-2016 12:57 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I was equating hell raiser with criminal too. I want talented kids with character. Winning will take care of itself.

--------------------

JD4U

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-27-2016 03:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom we are not talking about hell raisers as you call them - we are talking about criminals who have been arrested. One thing to raise hell as most people do when they are young but it is an entirely different one being "arrested" and that is what this article is all about.

Norm is right this is a silly argument!

[ 01-27-2016, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2016 11:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Count me in with the silly argument believers.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com