TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Chad Scott is Leaving UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chad Scott is Leaving UK
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-18-2016 11:51 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chad Scott is leaving his position as the wide receivers coach at Kentucky to coach tight ends for Larry Fedora at North Carolina, according to Football Scoop. The preliminary report by Football Scoop has not been confirmed by any other outlets.

Scott coached running backs for Mark Stoops’ first three years before being moved to the outside in the offseason when Eddie Gran was hired as the offensive coordinator and running backs coach.

Scott does have a history with North Carolina. After starting his collegiate career at UK in 2000, he transferred to UNC after his sophomore season. He graduated from North Carolina and was a graduate assistant in 2006.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-19-2016 12:12 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK wide receivers coach Chad Scott is leaving Lexington to join the coaching staff at North Carolina, according to a report from FootballScoop.com late Monday night.

Scott is a former UK player and longtime assistant under ex-UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown, who brought Scott with him to UK from Texas Tech when Mark Stoops was hired as head coach following the 2012 season. Scott was the program’s running backs coach for each of his three seasons in Lexington and was recently switched to wide receivers coach.

There shouldn’t be any short-term recruiting losses due to the departure of Scott, who was not the primary recruiter for any of UK’s 24 commitments in the class of 2016. He was the primary recruiter for 2017 commitment DeMarco Artis and was also involved in the recruitment of quarterback Mac Jones, who has committed to the Cats for 2017.

Scott has had success recruiting in Florida, and he’s brought several talented players to Lexington over the past three years. Scott was credited as the primary recruiter for Jeff Badet, Javess Blue, Jojo Kemp, Nico Firios, Ryan Flannigan, Garrett Johnson, Derrick Baity, Sihiem King and Marcus Walker.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-19-2016 04:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scott will be missed as a recruiter as much or more than a coach of the wide receivers.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-19-2016 07:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure he had even gotten his feet really wet when it comes to coaching wide receivers!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123988 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-19-2016 08:29 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was his recruiting that was really was useful to the Cats. I hate to see former Cats leave to coach at another school but you can't blame them if it gives him a better opportunity.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-23-2016 10:11 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
It was his recruiting that was really was useful to the Cats. I hate to see former Cats leave to coach at another school but you can't blame them if it gives him a better opportunity.

I am betting there are better recruiters out there that they can get. If they really wanted to keep him, they would have offered him more money to stay. I am not an insider, but I am guessing they had no problem with him leaving. If you want to get a gem, just fin a receiver coach who has consistantly recruited big time receivers at lesser programs and had the players show great results on the field. They would be easy pickings, offering them more money than they are currently making. I would go with somebody with ties to the south, to get Florida or Texas talent.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com