TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops knows how big a bowl would be

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops knows how big a bowl would be
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2015 05:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not only would Kentucky be bowl eligible it if beats Louisville Saturday, but a win a also would mean coach Mark Stoops’ team would get the extra 15 practices that go along with the bowl preparation.

“We need the practices. I think we’re getting better as the season goes on. We’re developing younger players. We’re getting better. We need the work. As you know, we get to some stretches in the season with the depth of our team, we get beat down at times. With a little bit of time out and to get back and basically have another spring practice would be huge for us,” Stoops said Monday.

Yet he said he would not spend much time talking to his players about a bowl game this week because they know what is at stake against Louisville.

“We’re not afraid to mention it. We will. It’s important for us to get the sixth win, it’s important for us to beat Louisville and end the season on a more positive note,” Stoops said. “It’s about execution. Our team will be motivated to play, and so will there’s. So, I think it’s about controlling those emotions and executing at a higher level. That’s what we’ve been concentrating on: just trying to play better football and do the little things right.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-23-2015 10:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope our running backs run it right down their throat and come out with a big win to finish the season.

--------------------

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-24-2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I think the NCAA should allow ALL schools those extra 15 days of practice. It becomes, essentially, a cycle of winning that really separates the Alabamas and the Oregons from schools like UK. They get the best recruits, earn the extra cash and experience and TV time from playing in the games, and get the extra practice sessions. Meanwhile, the 'loser' schools get none of those.

If the NCAA is interested in leveling the playing field, there should be a 'winter practice' of 15 sessions for all schools.

[ 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 10:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The extra 15 days of practice would be great, no doubt about it however the real difference between the Kentucky's and Alabama's of the world is the quality of the players. I would take better players over 15 days of practice every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-24-2015 10:17 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TT, I think the difference of Kentucky and perennial better teams in the SEC is that in Kentucky we don't have "near" the quality and quantity of talented recruits that state schools like Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi to name a few. The sad part is that unless we find a way of recruiting the better athletes in those states it's going to be the same old, same old.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-25-2015 11:05 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK has a freshman lineman who is a beast and earns a starting job. The line is improved. He gets injured and the guy that takes his place is not nearly as good.

UK has a D lineman who is a 330 lb senior run stuffer. The glue of the D line. He breaks a bone and there is nobody that comes close to filling his spot.

Kentucky is not as talented as the top programs, but more importantly, they don't have the quality depth, to plug in players when injuries occur.

I like the fact that Stoops is bringing in better rated players. But, in my opinion, he should go after as many top jucos as he can get for the next 4 years. That is the only way to win quick, when you are team with no tradition.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com